Finally stopping MSN Messenger within OE?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Heya,

The only step I could remember in order to do this was to rename the Messenger folder, "MessengerOFF". I know there are a few registry keys that you can change / add in order to stop this. Sadly, renaming the folder MessengerOff didn't do squat, as MSN Messenger keeps opening up in the contacts for Outlook Express. What can I do to stop this? MSN isn't my default messenging program, and the only thing that I saw that would remotely affect it was for AIM, and that option was unchecked.

Tools, options, General tab, uncheck the box that says automatically log on to windows messenger.

See again I don't have that, that's referring to the "and the only thing that I saw that would remotely affect it was for AIM, and that option was unchecked". That's what I was looking for and I haven't seen it.

why dont you just uninstall it??

Or are you likely to use it?

That did it, thank ya! And yeah, I am likely to use MSN Messenger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back