file clean up programs

sy64004

OSNN Addict
I used to use Windows washer 4.8 with spybot to clean up my system, but for some reason Windows washer has totally screwed my system up. everything is running really slow, for example my connection, icons take longer to load in win explorer, can't see contents of recycle bin and the whole system in general. I did a system restore and this made things worse.

has anyone else had the same problems and knows how to fix it or can anyone recommend anything to replace windows washer??

I did a reinstall about 2 weeks ago and everything was running smoothly, now it has all gone pear shaped!!!

I'm not sure what happened to your system, but I can tell you that I've been using RegCleaner for about 2 years without it ever creating any problems. Check it out if you're interested.

Thanks mate. I have got Regcleaner. I use it for getting rid of the reg entries of progs that I uninstall. I did a regclean up scan, with a manual delete, so I could see the entries it was going to get rid of, and some looked pretty important so I haven't used it for that since.

Is Regcleaner a trustworthy Registry cleaner???

I am downloading Cyberscrub now, is it any good???

Thanks in advance

it is, but reg clean is his original baby, and it is obsolete

he keeps it up for sentimentality

jv16 is a toolkit as well

That explains it all. a while back I had the same confusion. Thanks Dealer I've just got JV16. I'll give it a wirl:cool:

hey! i need a good uninstaller program. When i uninstall a my program through windows, i still get left over junks of that programs in my registry. i have tried jv16 power tools and thats still dont work, yeah it deleted some, but not all.

FoSsiL
hey! i need a good uninstaller program. When i uninstall a my program through windows, i still get left over junks of that programs in my registry. i have tried jv16 power tools and thats still dont work, yeah it deleted some, but not all.

IMHO

the best way to uninstall programs > is to use an install monitor

Total Uninstall (freeware)

:cool:

Great! thnX! The problem now is choosing which one to use =)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back