file clean up programs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sy64004, Apr 2, 2003.

1. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

I used to use Windows washer 4.8 with spybot to clean up my system, but for some reason Windows washer has totally screwed my system up. everything is running really slow, for example my connection, icons take longer to load in win explorer, can't see contents of recycle bin and the whole system in general. I did a system restore and this made things worse.

has anyone else had the same problems and knows how to fix it or can anyone recommend anything to replace windows washer??

I did a reinstall about 2 weeks ago and everything was running smoothly, now it has all gone pear shaped!!!

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm not sure what happened to your system, but I can tell you that I've been using RegCleaner for about 2 years without it ever creating any problems. Check it out if you're interested.

3. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

Thanks mate. I have got Regcleaner. I use it for getting rid of the reg entries of progs that I uninstall. I did a regclean up scan, with a manual delete, so I could see the entries it was going to get rid of, and some looked pretty important so I haven't used it for that since.

Is Regcleaner a trustworthy Registry cleaner???

I am downloading Cyberscrub now, is it any good???

Thanks in advance

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Isn't that the RegCleaner site? :p

6. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

it is, but reg clean is his original baby, and it is obsolete

he keeps it up for sentimentality

jv16 is a toolkit as well

7. sy64004

sy64004 OSNN Addict

That explains it all. a while back I had the same confusion. Thanks Dealer I've just got JV16. I'll give it a wirl:cool:

8. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

hey! i need a good uninstaller program. When i uninstall a my program through windows, i still get left over junks of that programs in my registry. i have tried jv16 power tools and thats still dont work, yeah it deleted some, but not all.

9. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

10. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

bah I use unclean. its free and has worked very well for me. (uninstalling nvidia drivers removed everything. I tried running special nvidia driver removers afterwards and they didnt find a thing)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,10304,00.asp

11. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

IMHO

the best way to uninstall programs > is to use an install monitor

Total Uninstall (freeware)

:cool:

12. FoSsiL

FoSsiL Guest

Great! thnX! The problem now is choosing which one to use =)