Feature - Redesigned

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
Just a few ideas I've been kicking around.

/Added
Another thought is have a "printer friendly" button, so people can print off threads easily? I know I've seen it around, don't know if its compatible on there boards though.

I like the date joined thing. It keeps people from feeling too special about being post whores. Little black bar above the sig needs to go, though. As far as the av goes, not all people run their monitors at 1280x960 and higher (although it would work fine for most us! :D). Yes the top bar would definitely save space with a good trimming.

Hrrm, just occurred to me to turn off sig display, sigs are gone and that damned black bar.

chaos945 said:
Just a few ideas I've been kicking around.

/Added
Another thought is have a "printer friendly" button, so people can print off threads easily? I know I've seen it around, don't know if its compatible on there boards though.

Ummm, Under "Thread Tools" > Show Printable Version?

Most people like the sigs, so its unlikely their going anywhere and as you've discovered you can turn the off if you don't like. As dreamliner77 pointed out, there is already a printable version of the threads.

I doubt the avatar size will change, it was increased not long ago and any more creates additional bandwidth uses for the site. also i don't think it looks very good to be that wide. "Stupid icons on the top bar" where? the link t the post and the time of post aren't exactly unnecessary.

I may fiddle with it one day, but not as extensively as that!

May add an option to enable the new vb3 stylee of post bits.

Electronic Punk said:
I may fiddle with it one day, but not as extensively as that!

May add an option to enable the new vb3 stylee of post bits.
If that's the one with info/avatar above the post, please do, I like it :D :D

dreamliner77 said:
Ummm, Under "Thread Tools" > Show Printable Version?
Never even noticed it? Was that always there? :)

Khayman said:
- the sigs - "Stupid icons on the top bar" -
I thought with a large space on the sidebar to place custom text, things like machine information could easily be put there if people wanted to, since that’s what most of the sigs are anyways.

Same thing with the large avatar area, instead of using custom text, large sigs could be put in the avatar space with little difference in content. The extra size there would be a necessity then however; the custom text area could be completely removed and used for even larger avatar images instead. It would be possible to increase the resolutions of the images without increasing their size used on the disk/bandwidth used.

The “stupid icons” are the “post icons” displayed on the top of all posts. They seem quite unnecessary to be displayed in the actual thread, but when listing threads they can be useful, but only in this case.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back