Favorite Band!?!?!

the new RHCP disc is the biggest load of crap they have ever had the balls to release. I love the Chilis, but this disc just sucks. At points they sound like 1) We want to rewrite Scar Tissure and Californication and 2) we really wanna be a ska band now. I'm a drummer and Chad Smith is one of my fav's but this is by far his worst performance. Sounds like he went in and cut the tracks in about an hour. Advice for the CHilis, get rid of Rick Rubin, he's starting to ruin your music!

Originally posted by Daedalus
Rock/Metal is music, but Dance/Trance/techno is just a load of noises placed together and rap is just dire!

well mate... perhaps...

rock/metal can be great listening but over here in the states the techno music DOES NOT qualify as european techno in the least...

its just crap over here...

trance/industrial is different from dance... they have more layers of music and the guys who set the music actually do take a little time to blend in the layers so its not just a cacaphony of sounds...

trance/industrial is what I listen to and quite enjoy... techno of the dance vareity over here in the states is what gives trance/industrial a bad name and its unfortunate...

rap? well depends on your personal tastes... I know a lot of people who listen to rap who think that rock/metal is crap... coz its just a buncha guys screaming and thrashing their guitars and drums... but then of course you know better right :)

have a listen to some of the nonamerican trance/industrial music... the ones by some of the underground groups... they are the best...

for evidence look no further than hollywood... most of the movies that have techno tracks usually sample or USE european trance/industrial/dance/techno tracks rather than american because they experiment more in europe and have more original sounds..

I never meant to impose my opinions on anyone else, I know everyone is different, and likes different things.

yeah, i know, but am unaffected by this incident,

Daedalus Lives on! :D to conquer the world!!!!:p

I have it, but i ain't listened to it yet, gonna put it on now and see what i think

Originally posted by Grinder

AND shoot that FU**in Monkey....hes stealing your damn beer!!!:eek:

He aint stealing...If I killed him, how could I get my beer from the fridge? I'd have to leave my computer and walk into the kitchen, take me about 30 secs. My monkey doesnt mind doing the beer run for me;)

(speaking to monkey) get me another beer....QUICKLY!!!! :D

Dave Matthews Band
Linkin Park
Good Charlotte
Bruce Springsteen

Brad

I listen to just about anything. Currently I have Gorillaz, Idlewild, Hives, Eminem, Semisonic, Weezer, Rage Against The Machine, Garbage, Silverchair, Jamiroquai, Dido, various dance stuff as well.

Think Moloko - The Time is Now is my fav song. Has been for about 2 years!

Aerosmith
Def Leppard
Styx
Eminem
Garbage
Linkin Park
Beasty Boys
Santana
Fleetwood Mac
Tower of Power
War

Damn, too many to list. I enjoy a wide variety of music. :)

I've been spinning the new Rage Against The Machine/Chris Cornell project entitled "Civilian". If you can find it, check it out, it is unbelievable. (not condoning illegal mp3 downloads, but this thing may never even see the light of day)

I like strings a lot and some sax too. I go for

Joe satriani, Acoustic Alchemy, Rippingtons, Dave koz, & then some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back