Fans in case - arrangment?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lieb39, Sep 22, 2003.

1. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Hello Everyone,

Attached I have it a quick 3d model I made in Rhino, basically about my case. The lengend is as follows;

My PC is way to loud right now, and i want to make it quiet as possible. The inside of the computer is about 25c-30c with the current configuration. Can someone please suggest a better way of organzing my machine, so that i can maybe take out one or two fans?

Thank you,

lieb39

2. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

You don't say which HSF you use, I'd recommend a Zalman Flower or similar "quiet" cooler.
    I used one of these to replace a 7200 delta fan, and the difference was amazing.
    I wouldn't take any of your fans out unless there is no other alternative.
    Thought about watercooling?

3. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Ya but the price and diffculty turned me off. Seems to hard. I think my computer is running low, tempature wise. I'm not sure how hot the CPU is but the case is 25-30c.. I think it can go higher...

-lieb39

4. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

One other thought that springs to mind is;
    Use larger lower RPM fans in leiu of the faster smaller ones (if room permits)
    If your're really up for some mod work then you can get silencer kits.
    They basically comprise of dense foam that is used top line the PC case and reduce/eliminate noise vibration. Something along the lines of this
    This may prove useful reading too.Quiet PC info

:D

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

The layout looks good. Cutting the case fans to 7V would probably help the noise quite a bit.