FahrenHYPE 911

Yeah, this movie was released here on monday.
So I immediatly rushed out and bought series 1 of little britain.

well I just finished watching Farenhype 9/11 and I have to apologize for earlier saying anything before I saw the movie...

I have watched Moore's film and Farenhype 9/11 is not anything like Moore's film.

First of all there are a lot of more democrat type people in this move than anyone here would think: Dick Morris an Advisor to Clinton, Zell Miller Democrat Senator of Georgia, and the narrator even states he worked for Gore in 2001.
There are the conservative types like the crazy Ann Coulter as well.

The things I expected out of this movie before I watched it was that it will be just Moore's bashing and pro bush rhetoric. I was mostly wrong with what I expected. There was even a quote from Clinton's former aide Morris that said it doesn't matter if you vote for Kerry or Vote for Bush.

The really interesting parts I may or may not post about cause I'm tired right now and don't have the energy to give great detail.

This movie has a lot of 1 to 1 interviews with many different types of people and a lot of people that are in Moore's film that never wanted to be in it, even one that has lost arms in Iraq and looks directly into the camera and asks Moore why.

This was more of a documentary than Farenheit 9/11 and should be watched by everyone that has seen Moore's film.

I have watched both of moore's more popular films (the other BOwling for Columbine) and this movie is not in the same light as Moore's.

For both sides of the debate this has to be separated from the Presidential Race because there isn't any mention of who to vote for or actually barely any mention of the race at all.

All this movie does is clarify some of the points in Moore's movies with views from both sides, the idea of having information coming from both sides of parties is already enough to say this is not as biased as moore's film and not even biased for Bush or Pro Republican

Ok, I tried not to stick my 2 cents in, but alas, I can't resist. :p
I saw this on another forum, and I thouroughly agree with the message it is trying to get across. I'm not trying to bash Kerry or Moore with this individually, but collectively, and trying to show the error of their ways. I know this will spark another great debate, and probably some flaming too, but think about it, reread it if you have to, they are NOT doing any justice to the men and women in Iraq...ah hell, just read it, please...

Just passing on another discussion from a hard left website that I post on from time to time........

Hard left guy.....

"we're not allowed to "hurt the feelings" of the men and women in uniform. This is disingenuous and foolhardy. If things were really going swimmingly in Iraq, do you think it would matter if the mission is being criticized?"

My reponse....

I think I told you before that I grew up in a military town-Columbus, Ga., Home of Fort Benning and the Infantry school.

I was a newspaper carrier during t he war and even then, at about age 12, I tried to keep up with the battles and events taking place in WW11. I used to clip headlines that I wanted to save and still have them-maybe 15 or 20 of them in a scrapbook that I've long since lost track of, hopefully in the attic.

I remember one of the headlines clearly although I can't quote it exactly. It referred to the Battle of Bastogne, part of the Battle of the Bulge, where the Nazis surrounded the 101st Airborne Division.

When the Nazis came under a flag of truce to convince the general, Anthony McAuliffe, to surrender, his answer was the now famous "Nuts!". As you know we eventually fought our way out of that situation, just as we had on the beaches of Normandy, and went on to win the war.

I bring that up because, although the situation appeared near hopeless as it does to some in Iraq right now, I don't recall a single editorial or op-ed piece criticizing Gen. McAuliffe,Dwight Eisenhower,Franklin Roosevelt, calling for the resignation of the Secretary of War, Henry Stimson or demanding that our troops be withdrawn.

I don't recall a single editorial screaming that some portly war monger named Winston Churchill had come to this country to persuade us to engage in "the wrong war, at the wrong time and the wrong place". Somebody in this group will probably locate some but they might as well forget it since history has proven them to be as "wrong' as John Kerry is now.

I don't remember reporters for AP, UPI, Reuters and the other news services writing long passion pieces about civilian casualties, interviewing disenchanted GIs that wanted to go home or eulogizing Adolph Hitler as a misunderstood leader who only wanted the best for his people and was no threat to our security.

The stories were certainly there, as they are in all wars, but reporters then didn't write as they do now and as they did during Vietnam-since their apparent mission wasn't to destroy the president and weaken American support for the war.

I won't go on with this but I do want you to know where I'm coming from.

I had the benefit of growing up, living, working and socializing with the servicemen at Fort Benning including some of the commanding generals for several years when I was working with the newspaper there.

These men are mainly dedicated professionals and family men. They are not heartless killers and rapists and they represent the finest this country has to offer in protecting this country-including your ass- and in winning our wars.

So you can bet I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt in situations such as the one you showed in another post where you were anguishing over the deaths of 22 or so supposed "civilians" with assault rifles.

John Kerry continues to harp about the 1,050 plus American lives lost in Iraq. And he continues to harp that he was misled, that it costs too much, that it's a "quagmire", that it didn't meet his damned "global test", that we don't have enough armor, that it's wrong, in the wrong place-all that undermining garbage.

Yet he expects the men who are conducting that war to follow his "leadership" such as it is, if he is elected.

I promised you I wouldn't use the "T" word again since, even though it's true, it seems to be inflammatory.

So I'll substitute the word "banana" out of deference to your feelings .

God only knows how many American lives this banana son of a bitch caused with his moral support for the North Vietnamese, reinforcing their will to hang on and continue the war when American lives were being lost every day.

We lost 58,000 American lives in that war. How many days did *protest leaders like John Kerry and Jane Fonda extend that war? 10, 20, 60? I contend that the blood of every single American serviceman lost during those days is on their hands-as is the blood of an even larger group-South Vietnamese citizens that we abandoned to the ensuing slaughter that took place after we pulled out.

Jane Fonda has at least apologized to the American people for her role in this sorry affair.

John Kerry never has and, moreover, considers his banana actions a stepping stone to the presidency.

I realize that you are able to pass over and forgive all that and continue to batter George Bush for the lives that have been lost in Iraq. But how in God's name you can do that is beyond me. It makes me want to throw up, frankly. I will never understand that kind of thinking.

I know you have a good heart and a very good mind. That they are both so twisted away from the realities of war and the intentions and actions of the people who have to conduct it is, to me, a real tragedy.............

* And no I'm not talking about college students, grandmothers, pacifists and such. I mean people like John Kerry, a naval officer that ought to know better.

The moral of the story, at least in my eyes, is that Kerry, Moore and all the citizens of the free world ought to know better.

I hope to watch this movie sometime soon...havent read anything from this thread but when i get time i will.

I have an opinion, but I think most americans wouldnt like the idea :p

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, this movie was released here on monday.
So I immediatly rushed out and bought series 1 of little britain.
That is the funniest programme I have ever seen :D

ThePatriot I tried to read your post but couldn't get past the 1st paragraph as it's all italics making it unreadable (to me anyways). :(

Xie said:
ThePatriot I tried to read your post but couldn't get past the 1st paragraph as it's all italics making it unreadable (to me anyways). :(
Sorry, didn't mean to be annoying AND difficult to read! :D :eek:
I made it bold, not italic now. It's not my words, so i just wanted to make it stand out.

In plain site is really something for sure again giving more information, Its funny I see a something "There was even a quote from Clinton's former aide Morris that said it doesn't matter if you vote for Kerry or Vote for Bush."

Its what I have been trying to tell you guys the whole time. And yes Patriot I aggree with what is written in that post. Its funny how people can see things one way but the reality is exactly the other side of the coin. I also said something along the lines of that when I keep telling you the crime rate is down BUT THEY SHOW 600% more crime in the news.

Its a sad way to live but your all being brainwashed beyond belief.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Its a sad way to live but your all being brainwashed beyond belief.

must eat McDonald's and buy more oil(<-----in brainwashed zombie voice)

Tuffgong4 said:

LOL ya know what I meant the "you" is for me in a way but I eat so much Mac D's that I am protected against the after effets and I also glow in the dark but thats another story.

:p

Tuffgong4 said:
Aghh, McDucks makes me $hiite my brains out...can't we do Wendy's? :p

White Castle!!!!!!!!!!...seems like the topic is dead so now we go as far off topic as possible :)

Tuffgong4 said:
White Castle!!!!!!!!!!...seems like the topic is dead so now we go as far off topic as possible :)
And it don't get much farther off than this! :p

Ohzopants said:
forget farenheit 9/11 and farenHYPE. Go watch "In plane site", now that's an eye opener.

http://www.911inplanesite.com/

I just got the movie from a friend and his mom watched it and said it is pretty good. I watched like 15 min and like it already. Had to stop tho cause the bus was comin soon. Its weird that a plane didnt hit the Pentagon :eek:

Whats worse is watch how just before either plane hits tower 1 and tower 2 we see a little flash just before it enters the tower, whats weird is how we only have one source of the first plane hitting the first tower, its the film made by those french guys about the firemen , I have that one , and we see that little puff of white and the flash just as the plane enters the tower.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back