EZCD Creator 5.0 Platinum problem, any tip?

F

Fr@mus

I installed Easy CD Creator 5.02 (build 314) on my Windows XP Home Edition PC (without Take Two), rebooted, applied the xp_up_platinum.exe patch from Roxio, rebooted. Then applied the 5.02c_ up patch, rebooted, applied the xp_up_platinum.exe patch again and rebooted.

every time I try to use EZCD , I receive 2 error messages:
-engine initialization has failed
-Creator API can´t see all the cdroms in the system. Check if they are connected properly.

I have two devices installed and working fine. They are inDevice Manager, no conflicts. I can check both working in Ide 2 :
(Master): HP CD-Writer+ 9700K and (Slave) Creative CD5220 E-F.
Besides I can burn cds with own XP recording software.
I can read from both devices

I tried installing HP software and same thing. Unistall and reinstall several times EZCD and no sucess at all.
I checked Roxio and support HP CDW 9700.

I dont know....any help?

to start off with i you applied the patches wrong
also i dont think take two is compatible.

remove everything
install roxio
DONT reboot
install c patch
DONT reboot
install xp patch
reboot

If I may correct here, the build you are using will not update, just uninstall the whole thing and reinstall without take two. When it tells you that you have restart, say no and go ahead and apply XP Safe, followed by XP update. 'DO NOT APPLY 502C PATCH' it should work alright. Post a reply after you tried this method. I got the build working this way.

Originally posted by purush
If I may correct here, the build you are using will not update, just uninstall the whole thing and reinstall without take two. When it tells you that you have restart, say no and go ahead and apply XP Safe, followed by XP update. 'DO NOT APPLY 502C PATCH' it should work alright. Post a reply after you tried this method. I got the build working this way.

:D :D :D :D

Yes, that was the way.!!
It works!!
All the best wishes for you....master!

Roxio Guides suxs!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back