extremely heavy game

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by zoyvod, May 14, 2002.

1. zoyvod

zoyvod Guest

Could someone tell me if it's normal to get many times 6 FPS in Dungeon Siege with GF4 ti 4600 512 DDR Athlon 1400?

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

no way, something's wrong. with my setup (below), i don't think i've ever seen it go below 10, and that's only in like stonebridge, that first town. usually, out in the woods an such, i get around 30-40. maybe it's your video card... want to switch? :p j/k

you have the latest drivers? what kind of board do you have? also, background applications like virus scanners will affect it.

3. zoyvod

zoyvod Guest

Okay I run the game in 1024X768 32 bit trilinear all complex shadows and maximum texture details
    I use the 28.90 detonators with the refresh rate fix.

Athlon 1400
    Asus A7M266(AMD 760)
    Asus 50X CD-rom
    512 DDR
    Sounblaster live
    IBM 40GB 7200 RPM

In other games everything is ok and in 3D mark 2001SE I get around 9200 score which is very good.
    What are your specs?

Oh by the way Iam in fortress Kroth

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, i only run in 1024x768x16bit with detail turned all the way down (just gets rid of trees and bushes which block my view anyway). i haven't gotten as far as you either since i just got the game recently, so maybe i have yet to encounter areas that will get really slow. that's okay, i just ordered a 1.4ghz processor five minutes ago. :D

if you get a 9200 3dmark score, then everything is fine... it's just the game, i guess.

5. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Yup its the game:mad: All my attention is now focused on Morrowwind.

6. zoyvod

zoyvod Guest

Yup Morrowind will sure kick ..ss
    Its going to be something like Might & Magic IX but with awesome graphics I've heard.
    Do you know the release date?

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

it's already out! my friend a state got it and let me download from him, but i'm having trouble finding a good program to burn .bin files. really anxious to play it, too.

8. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

CDRWin, Nero (5.5+) and FireBurner work at least.

9. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, speaking of..

tried fireburner 2.1.7 first... would just burn test cd's. then tried 1.06 and it worked for both cd's of dungeon siege i got and the first cd of marrowind... then it decided to just burn test cd's after that. checked their message board and there were endless complaints and questions.

now i get cdrwin and everytime i burn a cd, it comes out unreadable. tried all combinations of settings, even downloading the image again, but nothing.

now i'm trying to find nero. it should work. :(

10. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Dungeon Siege does run at slow speeds...although 6fps is really low...I have a geforce 4 ti 4400 overclocked to a little above 4600 lvls and I've never dropped below 15 fps and thats when playing at 1280 by 1024 32 bit

11. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Yeah I've had those problems too.
    Yepp it works. You have to edit the .que file though (if they haven't fixed that bug yet). http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm

12. zoyvod

zoyvod Guest

Qumahlin I raised the App priority in the game settings and now I play standard from 15FPS and up.So this must have been the problem.Nevertheless DS is still an extremely heavy game even for a GF4 ti 4600

13. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

how do you enable that kind of resolution? highest it'll let me pick is 1024x768x32. maybe it detects my lowly gf2 and prohibits me from selecting anything higher..? :( any answers?

either way, gotta 4200 coming in the mail any day now.. :D

14. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

You have to go into the dungeon siege ini file and change the resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024.

Credit goes to Qumahlin:)