O

oilisab

My new intel motherboard model 845grg has a new
4 pin atx connector and i dont know what is this for

You guys know what is this connector for and if I need
a special case with a special power supply for it? because as
long as I know normal power supplies dont have this extra
conector.

Btw this motherboard has a microATX form factor.

thanx in advance

You'll need a new power supply if your current one doesn't have the extra connector. The P4 requires extra power and that's what the additional connector is for.

yeah... lurker's right... if the extra connector is a square then it's for the CPU, however some boards like ASUS boards come with an extra connector in case your power supply is an older one, in that case you can use the standard 4-pin (inline) connector to power the cpu...

I'm just using the new connector in mine, should I be using both?
The instructions really didn't say.

No, if you've got a newer powersupply with the square connector, you only need to plug in that one (along with the usual 20 pin power connection, of course).

Posted by lurker2100
No, if you've got a newer powersupply with the square connector, you only need to plug in that one (along with the usual 20 pin power connection, of course).

That's what I thought:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back