External floppy

cat826237

OSNN Addict
I am going to buy an external floppy that connects via USB. I have a new computer that doesn't have a floppy drive. If the floppy drive only mentions the 1.1 USB, will it work on my computer, which has the 2.0 USB?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it should. 2.0 has compatability for both 1.1 and 2.0 but 2.0 doesn't work with the 1.1

[edit]
Taken from http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000601.htm
Question:

Does USB 1.x devices work on USB 2.0?

Answer: Yes, the majority of USB 1.0 or 1.1 devices and hubs are compatible with USB 2.0. However, a USB 1.0 or 1.1 devices are not going to have all of the capabilities and features found USB 2.0. If you are having trouble getting a USB 1.x device working with USB 2.0 it is likely an issue with USB and not a compatibility issue.

In addition a USB 2.0 device will work on a USB 1.1 or 1.0 port unless otherwise stated by the manufacturer of the USB device. It is important to realize that some USB devices not not operate as well in USB 1.x because of the 12Mbps bandwidth.

[/edit] Correct meself, it's easier :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back