Exporting Outlook Distribution List - Help!

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi guys,

I'm got a huge list of contacts in Outlook, a number of which I have assigned to a distribution list. Now, a collegue of mine wants to me to send him this distribution list, with all the contacts' email addresses and phone/fax numbers. However, every time I try to "save as" Outlook Message format, or indeed any other kind of format, it only saves the list with the email addresses, not the fax and phone numbers. Is there any way I can send this distribution list over with all the details he needs?

Reps for anyone that can help! Thanks.

I would think the best way to do that is to send him the Distribution List, and at the same time export the individual contacts associated with it, thus pulling all their information, into a .CSV file.

Have him import both, should do the trick.

Well send him the Distribution list as normal, and then what you want to do is select the contacts individually by CTRL + Clicking on them - go to File, Import/Export - Export to a File, select .CSV and then bam.

Then, have him import :)

I'll give it a bash thanks. Is that really the easiest way to do this? MS should be ashamed of themselves!

Reps to you Chief!

Well Distribution Lists are mostly for e-mail, unfortunately that is the only information it pulls when you export them. There may be an easier way, but I'm not sure how :eek:

Logically, you can't send a fax or call the whole distribution list through Outlook :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back