Exporting Eudora mailboxes & settings

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by vern, Nov 10, 2002.

1. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I have been using Eudora Pro for years now and after all this time I still do not know how to export my settings/mailboxes. Is there a way to do this?

What I want to do is export everything including mailboxes/profiles/address books to a file and reformat and when I re-install Eudora, I'd only have to restore it from that backup. If there is any way to do this, I'd be very happy.

2. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

OK, I couldn't wait. I didn't reformat, and I installed Eudora 5.2 over the 5.1 folder in d:\program files\eudora mail. What this did is copy Eudora 5.1 into c:\program files\eudora mail. What it didn't do was copy my existing mail boxes. So what I came out with was Eudora 5.1 on C and Eudora 5.2 on D. Eudora 5.2 had to rebuild what it could of the mailboxes and all my recent mail was gone and what was left was mail from 2 months ago. At least I have a bit left. I'm assuming that *.bmx and *.toc files have something to do with the mail boxes, but would backing those files and then copying them to a newly installed Eudora folder do what I want it to do? Has anyone had experience with this in the past?