Explorer uses 100% CPU

W

WildFinn

For some reason Explorer uses all CPU power, and two of my friends have similar problems. This happens usually when my computer has been on for several hours...
System freezes for a few minutes and then it works fully again for hours.

System:
Windows XP Professional
Abit BF6
Celeron 633
640Mb RAM
Creative GeForce 2 GTS
128 SB
etc...

I am searching all over for a reason/cure for this problem...it happened to a previous install of XP I had...I re-installed and fixed it...by one friend said to copy explorer.exe from dllcache and replace the normal one and that worked for him, but I can't verify that.

When i got my xp pro i had 64mb ram too and since thats XPs min amout it dont work so great on some progs i didnt have probs with IE but i did with other ones but once i got more ram xp seems to fly by like was nothing lol
2 recomendations
1 get more RAM
2 if you cant do that then look here and try and get best out of your Virtual ram settings
http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7847
Above has a few nice tweaks and here
http://www.xp-erience.org/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=14#u
and just plain look in tweaks area of this site

Problem solved...

I uninstalled HotFix:Q317277 as Zerek suggested at another thread, and now system seems to be stable...
I have my computer on 24/7, so now I'll just wait and see if this uninstallation was the cure :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back