Expanding Multiple Folders in Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by eee, Jul 31, 2006.

1. eee

eee OSNN One Post Wonder

I am sorry for bumping into old treads (some forums dont alow it, and i am new to this one), but i was wondering if someone has solved Jeeves's problem?

I googled on to this tread and it is the closes i got to solving my problem. For a long time now i had the explorer shortcut set to
    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n, e:\my documents\
    Which was fine for the last 2 years, but now i have close to 1TB od disk space and i currently have 11 partitions set. Of these i constantly use 4. If explorer expanded these 4 disks upon startup it would save me some time and would get rid of this annoyance that i have for a long time.

So i have the same question as Jeeves - Can you insert parameters into a explorer shortcut that would expand more than one folder/disk?

For example so that it would expand e:\my documents\, and disks D:, F:, G:

Setting it to
    %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/n, e:\my documents\, D:\, F:\, G:\
    makes explorer expand only the last parameter - G: in my case.

Is there a nother way to do it? Like making a .bat file and linking a shortcut to that?

I read alot of 'Explorer Tips" websites, but they only tell how to expand one folder or all folders + all subfolders (by pressing *)

Any hints would be greatly apreciated,
    eee @ eee.si
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
    Re: Starting Explorer in My Computer Folder

Post moved to new thread.

As you suspected, your post has been made into a new thread.
  3. eee

eee OSNN One Post Wonder

Oh yea, thats even better. Tnx! :)

Maybe change the title to something like 'Expanding multiple folders in Explorer' so future google users will find this tread faster. The previous one was not rankt that high, even dough it had the most usefull info. Not sure, but im guessing because of the title?

edit: Found the Go Advance edit button :speechless: