Exiting a game and it errors HELP!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by No Me, Jan 16, 2002.

1. No Me

No Me Guest

Hey guys, every time i exit a game. well mostly every time. (90%) it gives me a blue screen with this error saying pretty much this

I am wondering, what is it conflicting with, I have basicly the same video card and drivers my friend does, only difference is that i have a silurio and he has a compaq consumer GeForce 2 MX 400. His doesn't do it. I just recently got a new mobo, cpu, ram and video card. and formated and everything. Games load and play fine, its just when I exit them, I get that error.. Any ideas??
    I have a:
    MSI K7T266 Pro 2
    AMD XP 1800+
    256 PC-2100 DDR memory
    Silurio GeForce 2 MX 400
  2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

heres a question...Have you looked for alcwxm.sys on your harddrive and looked at the properties to see which piece of hardware that belongs too? it could be a sound card problem or a nic problem and not a vid problem

You might want to trace that sys file back, then update the drivers for that piece of ahrdware, or try moving it to a different slot on your mobo..I can tell you right now that doesn't seem to be a nvidia driver file at all so i'm kinda edging towards it being your sound board thats the prob