Exit Game Restart

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by No Me, Jan 5, 2002.

1. No Me

No Me Guest

Hey I have a problem when I exit games. I have actually only exited 2 games.. Max Payne, and Counter-Strike.. But when I exit out of the game my computer just restarts. Now it doesn't do it every single time.. If i've played the game for a while it does it. If i just go into the game and exit right out it usally doesn't do it.. But why i'm posting now is because it has actually been doing every single time I exit Counter-Strike. I've tried exiting the games differen't ways like in CS just typing "exit" in the console, or exiting out the long way.. Neither one seems to work. It still restarts..

The specs of my comp are this:
    AMD XP 1800+
    256 MB SD-DDR ram
    Siluiro GeForce 2 MX 400
    40 gig hd.

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

go into control panel, system, advanced tab, then startup and recovery, make sur ethe box check automatically restart upon error is UNCHECKED. Then next time it restarts tell us what error it says is causing the restart, it will give you an error code a name and sometimes the driver responsible

3. BanditWon

BanditWon Guest

I had the same prob. Read your error log. It was a problem w/ atapi or something i forget. Anyway i installed new via 4in1 drivers and problem is fixed.

4. No Me

No Me Guest

Hey it says, on the error screen thing..
    Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal
    and the file that it says is.
    Alcxwm.sys
    Any ideas on what it is, or how to fix it??