eXeem - What a load of crap.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Electronic Punk, Jan 21, 2005.

?
  1. Aye!

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Neigh!

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Yarr!

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. What is eXeem?

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Who and why is eXeem?

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. I refuse to play your twisted games Punk!

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

The first public beta client was just released and aside from installing Cydoor, didn't really do anything.

I did a quick search for "chemical brothers" and found about 3 different downloads offered with about 10 people on each.

Ah well, the nasty app has gone now and won't be making a reappearance here.

2. Moonwraith

Moonwraith Moderator Folding Team

Shame; It'd had quite a bit of hype about it.. I suppose it was promising too much

3. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

well it jsut recently went public beta. So there won't be too many files to be had just yet.

On the other hand I think that this cydoor adware stuff has got to go for this to be anything near a good app. I've already heard rumblings and rumors of an exeem lite type program but I think it will still be crap.

This program will go the way of Kazaa and just be filled with garbage files and virus and just be dead in no time...

4. Electronic Punk

That is what was expected.
    I guess they don't care as I am sure they will make the money they will have paid the guy from Suprnova, just by having advertising in an app that loads of people will try and use, when there are alternatives, if you feel inclined to use it, out there.

I only checked this out to see if I would ever bother posting about this on the frontpage, but it is purely for warez, but I guess thats the way things go.

Easy to buy legitimate music these days.

5. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I been saying from the beginning that this thing is going to be worse than kazaa ever was ... It's a shame that someone would sell there name to market such a garbage app.

6. Johnny

O.k I installed this. While I was installing it I had M$ Anti-Spyware block anything that had to do with the spyware crap. SO no toolbars, no adds and no spyware from this program for me :)

With that being said it looks like it might be something. It is still to young to say ... There is the usual thing with torrents though; 1 or 0 seeders and 150 downloaders. As it grows I am sure that will change. Also they have a light version out, it is supposed to be add free. Kinda like Kazaa lite is. Here is info on it: http://www.exlite.net/ .. I tried to install it. It keeps asking for a serial ..

7. Dreamwill

Dreamwill gothemo overlord

from http://www.exlite.net/ FAQ page :

edit: running ExLite right now, and it is some sweet stuff indeed. It even founda movie I couldnt find anywhere. fast query results, good download speeds on popular files and a the "new files" tab is nice. just likea tracker.

8. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

it needs a serial because it is based off of the private beta of exeem version .18, so when they make it based off of the open beta you won't need serial.

9. Johnny

O.k I had to "Close" it. I was clicking the o.k button. Stupid me lol ..

10. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Hmm, A friend installed exeem and hasn't found any references to Cydoor on his PC.

11. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Give the thing a chance!!!

It's still in Beta, of course it's going to have bugs, they exlpain that on their front page, the Cydoor thing is explained properly that it's for ads (no diff than having ads on a website imho) and you can get a 'lite' version from another guy if ya want.

EVERY P2P client is used for Warez, that's what drives the whole thing, even though there are legit uses for them. All P2P networks have to start from somewhere and this is only the start of a new network, remember that there is no BitTorrent network only webpages with links to files, so it takes time for the user base to grow. Of course your not going to find millions of files!

eDonkey, Kazaa, WinMX and all the rest of them where crap when they first started aswell.

</rant>

12. Johnny

The thing with the full version is that it forces you to install "looks amrt" toolbar, as well as change your home page to looksmart.com. I feel using the lite version would be the best option. As; it doesn't have any spyware in it ..

13. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Noooo, Were Doomed!

14. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Doomed why you mean you might have to pay for a game or program ?

GOD FORBID how dare they make us pay for stuff !!

lolol

15. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

*downloads kermit's frog......* >>>>> RUNNING LIKE HELL>>>>>>>

16. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

At least one torrent site does not like what has been done to eXeem and are banning it's use.
    Maybe more will follow?

17. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Cheers to LokiTorrent. After it's release, I wonder if anyone expected anything else? ... the next big thing? Bah ... not the way it is right now.

18. Digdis

Digdis OSNN Addict Political User

Couldn't agree more. I think Torrent servers people should make a similar move to the eDonkey server people, and forbid non-GPL clients from using their servers.

D.

19. Electronic Punk

Well at least I am not alone in my opinion :)
    Was starting to think I was over-ruled.

I feel a poll coming on!

20. Weasel

Weasel Define 'Cynical'

Yarr!