Exchange / Outlook Contacts Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by saeltmarae2k, Jan 8, 2008.

1. saeltmarae2k

saeltmarae2k OSNN Addict

Hey guys,

I'm hoping that someone can help me out with a problem we are having at work. We just installed Exchange 03 (upgraded form an old generic POP3 server) and everything, so far, is running very smoothly. We are, though, having problems with contacts in Outlook. We have 'internal' contacts that are updating properly when syncing with Exchange. There are several users, including myself, that have other contacts in my contacts folder that are outside of the organization. I can view/access them in Outlook 03 and 07 via the Contacts tab in the lower right. I cannot, however, access them when I click the "to" button in a new message (but can see/access the internal company contacts...am I making sense?). What could be wrong here?

TIA

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Perhaps you have the wrong address book selected?
    Click on the To button and you should see the address book selection in the top right (or so... using Outlook 2007 here so may differ if your version also differs)

3. saeltmarae2k

saeltmarae2k OSNN Addict

The only address book that has anything in it is the Global one. My internal contacts are there. The other options there are all empty.

4. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

You need to add the Outlook address book as a service to use lookup up functions in the address book (note: you should still be able to browse your contacts and send a mail directly from the contact).

Rather than writing out all the steps, I'll just link to the Microsoft article that walks you through each step.

edit: once this has all been done, you should have an option for an "outlook address book/Contacts" in your address book.

5. saeltmarae2k

saeltmarae2k OSNN Addict

Seems to have done the trick...thanks!