Setup:

WinXP Pro (no service pack installed)
IE6
PIII - 800Mhz
120GB HD
ATI RAGE PRO 128

Office XP

ok here goes:
installed once Omnipage Pro 11 and ever since that when starting Excel or Powerpoint or opening any *.xls or *.ppt i get 40 Omnipage Menu Links. (see attached picture)

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=745389 (same with Powerpoint)

I wasn't able to uninstall Omnipage Pro 11. So i deleted the files and registry settings manually, in hope it will sort out that problem.

This didn't sort it out !

However the strange thing is, that Word doesn't display these links.

anyone who knows more ??
thx

p.s. i recently installed Omnipage Pro 12 (it had no effect on this)

I can think of 2 things you can do:

1st:
Go to View/Toolbars/Customize

Click (and hold) on one of the omnipage entry's and drag it to downwards to a point not on one of the toolbars and let it go (you should see a X appear when you can let go)

If this goes, delete all other entrys with the same trick

Restart Excel and see if the stay away

2nd:
If they reappear it means that a macro or an add-in is being used to recreate them:
Check Tools/Add-ins or check the file XLSTART.XLS
which is normally placed in the directory <officeinstall directory>\Office\XLStart

Gert-Jan

well thx for the ideas ..

tried them but no result

ad 1)
i can't move the omnipage entries .. they are connected with the standard entries (file,edit,view ..)

ad 2)
i looked in the file/folder and add-ins menu ... it's nothing there

i really have no clue ..

thx anyway

*** EDIT ***
hA .. WORKING !"!!!
just to let you all know:

gajef's idea was initially the right one ...
but you have to hold the LEFT ALT key while moving and dragging ANY menu link from the top

with this method i was able to move the 40 omnipage links to another custom bar which i deleted

you can also move: file,edit,view,extras ... etc.
*** EDIT ***

Glad it worked....

:)

I think you see your excel sheets more clearly now? :)

Gert-Jan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back