EVGA nForce 680i SLI

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by LordOfLA, Aug 2, 2007.

1. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I promised in another thread that I'd post details of the above named board once mine arrived and was installed.

Well its arrived and is operating my PC now :)

Photo of the board and some of it installed are HERE courtesy of my Nokia N95 and its integration with flickr :)

Right away I've noticed a significant performance increase over the old board (Asus P5W-DH Deluxe) cemeting my suspicion that it was faulty. The new board is also operating my RAM at the speed it is rated at not 2 notches down the ladder. RAID performance (RAID0 at the moment) is increased over the old board as is networking.

I'll post on stability in a few days :)

In all I highly recommend this board to anyone seeking to upgrade their machines.

2. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Nice tidy setup, the case looks like a great setup! One thing though, I would have thought you would have gone for a P35 board instead seeing as you went with an ATI card? :S

3. You told me to ensure I got a board with the i975x chipset, what's the big deal with the self contradiction? :laugh:

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

EVGA is on a rampage, and that 680i chipset is awesome. I love my superclocked 8800GTS 640MB, and I'd love to pair it up with this board and some quad core goodness.

5. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

I said i975x or 680i SLI. :)

6. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Because the P35 is a downgrade and this ATI will be replaced in the next 6 weeks unless ATI fix their OpenGL driver.

7. mfarley

mfarley OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

EVGA 680i is my favorite board/chipset at the moment, easy for overclocking and good intuitive controls in BIOS.