Every reboot resets clock!!!??!!

G

gearjammer1980

Ok fellow XP enthusiasts, got a weirdo problem. I love this XP Pro. I had it once on this motherboard, but uninstalled it due to a minor, but annoying problem..Here's the machine setup first:

FIC VB-601x m/b With VIA Chipset
PII 266 @ 308MHz
256MB PC133
20GB Maxtor HD
Savage 2000 Video Card
SB PCI128 Sound

Here's the problem I am having. Since it looks like I'll be using XP for a while, thankfully, I need a solution. This machine runs 24/7/365 usually unless shutdown for maintanence or whathaveyou..Everytime I bring the PC back up from a reset or reboot, the system clock has reset back to 01-01-1601 @ 12:00:00am......Now, I haven't found a solution to this problem yet and wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and is there a patch? Windows 9X has never done this, only XP and 2000. I can't find any sources for BIOS Flash Updates for this board anymore :( Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks..

p.s. CMOS battery is fine, by the way....

I would check your CMOS battery (the coin-cell looking thing on your mobo). It may be dead, especially if you have an old board.

Originally posted by gearjammer1980
p.s. CMOS battery is fine, by the way....
scriptasylum must be having a bad day. :p Although........are you sure it is OK?

does it reset the time in the BIOS, or just windows? If it does it in the BIOS aswell it does sound like the CMOS battery.

Yes

Yes, CMOS battery is fine, 100% sure all the way. And besides, the CMOS battery only takes over when the machine isn't running, so it wouldn't cause the problem if I run the machine 24/7! And yes, it resets the system clock as well. Something about these VIA chipsets........

And to mention that the clock never had any problems with Windows Millenium or Mandrake Linux just a few days ago.......

I remember reading here a while ago about via chips & 4 in 1. Something about updating. Try doing a forum seach & see what you come up with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back