Ethernet to USB

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am wanting to use a Linksys BEFW11S4 ADSL wireless HUB/Router. It also requires that I have an ADSL modem. The problem is that I can only find USB modems.
Is there a manufacturer that produces ADSL modems with a Ethernet connector, or a piece of hardware which will take the USB B (flat connector) from the USB Modem and output to an RJ45 Ethernet connector. I can only find things that go the other way.

Cisco makes a couple adsl modems that have ethernet connections. I use one that has been discontunied (sp), Cisco 678, but I'm sure they have new ones out, might try there.

Ice: Thanks I will check out cisco

Catch: Does that plug into the USB port on the back of your PC

Can you post a pic of it?

GT, I think you will find that the USB cable is an optional conversion...you don't have to use it. On the specs page the pic says optional. :)

GraLk. :D

USB Eithernet

D-Link Makes a USB 10/100 Fast eithernet box Mod # DSB-650TX
Works Great and yes it plugs into the back of your puter with the flat USB connector
ps. its smaller than a king size pak of cigs!

SlySpinglefinge: I want that cable to plug into the router I am going to get not the back of my PC.

Catch. Thanks I will surf out SMC.

GraLK, What do you mean, are you saying that most/some USB ADSL modems also have an ethernet port on them as well. Why is it never quoted in the specs?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back