eset nod32 v4 beta (public)

_kC_

OSNN Senior Addict
http://www.eset.eu/download/beta

ESET is pleased to announce the availability of a new product generation for testing. Even though installation over older versions is supported, we recommend that you uninstall your current version prior to installing the beta. Since it's still a beta version, we do not recommend installing it on production systems.

The new version 4 features more than 50 improvements compared to the current version. The main changes are described below:

- integrated ESET SysInspector
- support for laptops (tasks can be postponed when the machine is running on batterry, a notification appears if a larger update is going to be downloaded, etc.)
- added a non-graphic interface (suitable for screen readers used by visually impaired persons)
- improved scanning of removable media (used maximum settings when running files from removable media, allows blocking/allowing USB ports)
- improved cleaning
- improved self-defense
- added statistic graphs and information about the currently scanned object
- added an option to use advanced heuristics on file execution
- added an option to control the level of archive scanning or maximum scan time of objects
- added option to supress notifications when applications are run in fullscreen mode
- scanning of encrypted HTTPs/POP3s protocols
- website management allowing to block/allow access to user-defined sites
- new Document protection module for scanning MS Office files
- added an option to connect to 2 ERA servers
- customizable context menu
- UAC support
- password protected uninstallation
- notification about missing operating system updates
- management of hidden dialog windows
- Thunderbird plugin
- Antispam now uses a user and global address books
- potentially unwanted/unsafe applications are now reported in a yellow alert window which requires a user interaction

help/comments - http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

tried this on my laptop last night... took 50mins to scan the machine...
not sure if that's good or bad since i let it on default settings.

depends how much you had on there, and you have to take into account how many viri its searching for, that and its a beta, get bugs out first speed improvements later

how big is your disk on your laptop? V3 takes hours to scan 1.7TB of data on my PC :)

takes near 3 hours for mine but i have a lot of rars and other files it has issues with, Carrara files and rather large .psd files - 80meg+

Glad there is a new version, not going to try but will get when it comes out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back