Error

Originally posted by gonaads
open up start > run and type in "shutdown.exe -a" (minus the quotes)
Now that the shutdown procedure has stopped, you have time to grab the patch

but how do you know to do shutdown.exe -a if your computer is shutting down before you can get onto here?:p :rolleyes:

u can get online + on here in 60 seconds:confused:

takes me that long to open flippin Aol ;)

:eek:

my firewall had blocked several diferent people/computers trying to conect to my computer over the last few days. i just put a deny rule on it. it was like xx.xxx.xxx is trying to conect to system/nt authority. kerio got em though:cool:

I called my friends and warned them , most of my clients are well schooled in keeping their computers updated at microsoft and for their anti virus's firewalls everytime I make a service call I repeat that to all my clients over and over on how important it is to keep the critical updates and anti virus /firewall updates up to date .... and then we have all the people that dont listen who have been calling me for 2 days now I still have 2 rigs on the floor in cue for removal of blaster and one I am doing as we speak .......

its ok I charge extra for stupidity

:)

this seems much more pervasive to me then just 200 000 hosts

there is an under reporting for sure

administrators are not going to report this as there was no reason to be hit if they were doing their job

if the sites that I visit are any indication, this has to be in the millions, not the thousands

people like those at our site those of us that have the resources liek you enyo to resolve the issue without reporting it

those like myself that had the issue without even having the issue

definately in the millions

well. think of it this way. How many hits do you think windows update needs to getting simultaneosly in order to be taken down? ; )

Well they are not under attack right now and are slowed right down as is but there has to be 100's of thousands on the site right now looking to patch .....

Just got off the phone with one client in their case AVG full version caught it on the doorstep ...... still working on cleaning up the mess on 2 puters ( none of mine ) all clients that dont listen

Remote Procedure Call problems how do I fix this? (please read)

Hello;
I have a PC on my network that has this window pop up and says "This system is shutting down. Please save all work inprogress and log off any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was inhaled by NT Authority\system
Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly."
then it counts down from 3 minutes then restarts this computer.
it will do this over and over again.
what I had done temporarily is went into Adminstrative Tools\Services and right click the remote procedure call and to the "recovery" tab and changed the default settings from "restart computer" to "take no action" that seemed to fix the problem temporarily but, remote assistance doesn't work anymore with that computer if I'm trying to help out that person at that PC.
how do I fix this?
thanks!
m.

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/msblast.shtml

Interesting reading on this lovsan virus three variations found within hours ....... seems this is part of the code written in the virus

msblast.exe I just want to say love you San! , billy gates why do you make this possible stop making money and fix your software

:) http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/msblast.shtml

pc cillin by trend mirco has had three updates today I guess they are also covering the 3 variations found ... what a nasty piece of work this one is, now its a level 1 alert on f secure's radar highest possible alert seems its still rampant and spreading fast worldwide ...... I get the impression Saturday 16th will be a bad net day for our rich uncle Billy

oh errr and now theres a newone called like TEEKIDS which is the same as MSBLAST but packed differently

Yep...
The new variety uses the name TEEKIDS.EXE instead of MSBLAST.EXE, different code compression, and different signatures in the body of the worm.

Oh more fun and games I expect not to get any rest for a few more days yet then.

Might as well go make more coffee then :)

Sure thing you want cream ? sugar?

Heck ya want a doughnut with that too boot !!

LOLOL

:p

Just popped into #ntfs chat for the first time shhhhhhhh they are sleeping in there :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kermit
Sure thing you want cream ? sugar?

Heck ya want a doughnut with that too boot !!

LOLOL

:p

Just popped into #ntfs chat for the first time shhhhhhhh they are sleeping in there :rolleyes:

HELL YES... Ya know it! :p

#ntfs... they is all pooped out. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back