Error messages - HELP required

J

JJH1943

Windows XP Home SP1 with 256Mb RAM.
Apart from the following, my computer works perfectly!!!!!

1) When I open My--------> Documents; Computer; Networks;
Shared Folders; Unused Desktop Icons plus Internet
Explorer and Recycle Bin from Desktop Shortcuts and
Windows Explorer from the Start Menu-->Run, I get the
following error messages
"Bitmage image is not valid" (OK) then
"BHO cannot create SMUBO" (OK).
The respective Folders then open normally.

2) When in Internet Explorer I select Internet Options from the
Tools menu, I get this error message:
"Restrictions - This operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your
System Administrator".
I am the sole user and System Administrator.
This option works perfectly in MYIE2 and Dominica; both are
based on the IE-engine.

3) I`m trying to install the latest version of 602 PC Suite, downloaded from the Internet. When the preparing set-up screen is opened, aguage loads to approx. 95% and then the following error messageappears:
"Unhandled Exception - Error No. 0x80040706
Description: Object reference is not set.
Set-up will now terminate"
This is the only dowload I`ve been unable to install.

Any rational suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks.
;)

for the third one: do you have more than 200mb free in your target directory? and 20mb free in your system directory?

Make sure the proper space is available

for the second one (may also be the cause of the first one):

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Inetcpl.cpl file is missing from the Windows \System or %SystemRoot%\System32 folder or if a restriction is set on the NoBrowserOptions Windows registry value.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, extract a new copy of the Inetcpl.cpl file from the Internet Explorer distribution files, or reinstall Internet Explorer. For additional information about extracting files, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

129605 How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files

If replacing the Inetcpl.cpl file does not resolve the problem, locate the following key:

hkey_current_user/software/policies/microsoft/internet explorer/restrictions

If a value called NoBrowserOptions exists, delete this value and restart the machine.

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

MORE INFORMATION
You may also experience the following symptoms if the Inetcpl.cpl file is missing:
The Internet icon may be missing from Control Panel.
The Internet icon may be displayed in Control Panel, but nothing may happen when you double-click it.
When you right-click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop and then click Properties, nothing may happen.
The Repair Internet Explorer program may suggest that you run Setup again. If you click Details, you see that the Inetcpl.cpl file is listed as missing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back