Error FREE PC Setup...

LPDad when you find that pentium 3 2.0 your talking about let me know will ya.

It really cracks me up the way AMD users feel the need to shout to the world how good and fast there computers are,WHY?

I have an extremely fast and stable pentium 4 1.8,if i had any more speed,i wouldn`t know what to do with it.

And i cant believe that AMD usres could tell the difference between there xp1800 and my 1.8 p4,it is mearly numbers that your shouting about.

The best computer in the world,is the one your using right now,that is doing what you want of it and is doing it to your liking.

Get a grip on yourselves for god sakes men there only computers.

Asus P4B mainboard,
Pentium 4 1.8 512 sdram 400 fsb,
Nvidia geforce 3 ti 500,
Audigy platinum sound,Inspire 5.1 speakers.
:p

Hmm, looks like you have a really good grip there Hutch ;)

Amazing how we now know the speed of your machine and what its comparable to, after all its only numbers and you really didnt want to tell us all that did you!?

Anyhow, just for the record, one reason I like to say I have AMD processors is cos I wasnt ripped off ;)

oh man

I can't believe this thread is still going on.

Good point Hutch, if the thread had been started by an AMD lover. In fact, it was started by some moron who was spouting off about AMD processors being substandard, running too hot, etc. etc.

You are right, if you are happy with your machine, great.

What the AMD posters were trying to get across is that in many cases AMD does indeed outperform Intel Pentiums, particularly in graphics intensive applications, and to a noticeable degree; AND that the history of AMD bears no resemblance to it's current products. They do NOT run hotter, they are NOT merely overclocked Pentiums.

What I have noticed personally following this thread, though, is that AMD users talk about tangible issues like speed, performance, testing, benchmarking, etc. whereas Pentium users tend to talk about problems with AMD chips, rather than the strengths of their Pentium chip, or how much they love it or how stupid AMD users are...you see where I am going?

Anyway, you really should read all of the posts, particularly the first one, the thread starter, so you will understand why so many people replied.

Neither was i m8.

what on earth gives you the idea that everyone with a pentium has been ripped off.

You could say the same about the guy with the Levis compared with the wranglers,come on m8 like i said get a grip.

If you want to believe that i have been ripped off,all i can say is dont lose too much sleep over it,`cause i dont.

Why do i know the numbers,because this is about the 3rd time some one with an amd has started a thread i have read,about how soddin good his amd is and how everyone else has been ripped off,yr sad man!!!!

actually i did read this from the start and yes it was started by some fool having a go at amd,its just that the thread kind of got hijacked by amd users sprouting the goodness of their machines,this really is nonsence half of you with amd if u had been given my machine it would be the best in the world for U,just as it is for me.

Dont any of u get it.its not a women its just a machine.

Tell me what i cant do with mine that u can do with yours,if you want to make me feel bad about my machine,but that is impossible,isn`t it?:rolleyes:

oh lord

one more time, Hutch:

read the first post, the thread starter, it's some beeotch going on about how crappy AMD's are compared to Pentiums. do you see that? i hope so, because you are starting to irritate me

please, people, please, make sure you understand the thread b4 you rant about it.

HEY BATMAN freakin bite me! if i annoy you dont read the post sorry to interupt your little amd lovefest with some reality!

1. Not everyone here uses AMD, I don't but I will with my next machine, because they ARE cheaper, and at least as good as Pentiums, if not better.

2. This thread was not hijacked by AMD lovers, what happened is that one of the few people in existence who still think Pentiums are hot shit was countered by the overwhelming majority of people at this site and others, who swear that for the money you can't beat an AMD.

3. people engage in lovefests because they are passionate. people bitch about lovefests because they are jealous, love to argue, or think they have some special insight that others do not.

4. You will notice that this thread had tapered off a couple of weeks ago. The AMD users felt, evidently, that they had made their point, and since NOT ONE pentium user was able to counter their arguments, it was getting repetitive.

5. The onus is not on US to provide you with the facts, you wanna start this up again, go get some. They are not hard to find. Start with EVERY major PC periodical, EVERY hardware review site, EVERY technical journal, and you will see why the responses to dumbass up at the top were so vocal and many. Your argument that there is no difference between the two is so far based on your own anecdotal evidence only.

I never said there was no difference between the two,i said no one would notice the difference.

This thread was started,not by anyone going on about amd,it was about Via mb and amd.

I never asked anyone for any facts.

If you want to buy cheap next pc thats up to you,its called personal freedom.

Is that ok now Batman.

Originally posted by Hutch
I never said there was no difference between the two,i said no one would notice the difference.

My response: That is why I advised you to do some reading, because that statement simply cannot be verified by you. How would you support that statement, that no one would notice any difference? Have you ever used an AMD system? I have done the reading, I have seen the comparisons, have you?

This thread was started,not by anyone going on about amd,it was about Via mb and amd.

From 1st post: "Avoid using AMD CPUs if you don't have any budget for a good cooling system."

I never asked anyone for any facts.

Your own words: "Tell me what i cant do with mine that u can do with yours"

If you want to buy cheap next pc thats up to you,its called personal freedom.

My response: If you mean cheap as in less money, I would be a complete fool to do otherwise; if you mean cheap as in substandard, you have no facts to back that up, and I daresay could not find any.

Is that ok now Batman.

no, it's not ok, you contradict yourself repeatedly.

it's this simple:

1. you cannot argue that Pentium's are superior, it is simply not the case.

2. you cannot dispute that AMD processors, assuming same rated speed, are less money

3. for graphics intensive tasks, AMD outperforms Pentium's the majority of the time

therefore, your argument that it is only a matter of personal choice, and nothing more, does not hold water. if i choose to buy a processor that is more money but does not give me any extra performance, then there is something else at work besides personal choice.

not everything can be summed up with, "well, it's a matter of opinion". sometimes, the facts are indisputable.

Take a hike Hutch!!!!

I stick with dotbatman; and as for you Hutchie boy STFU!!!:cool: :D :cool:

You pompous git,just where are your facts then,just because you tell me you know what s what,you think you are automatically right.

I have heard some crap before but you take the biscuit batman.

You know nothing about me,you dont know what i have read or experienced,but you put yourself up as being superiour to me,my god,how audacious.

You should have a word with youself mate,i came here in peace,with a touch of reality and it seems i spoilt your little party.

I am not Chernobyl,im not going to turn round and acquiesse to you,just cause the guy misunderstood you,you take the piss,people like you get right up my nose!!!:mad:

So here's the real question, since everyones picking amd for value..."If they were the same price...which would you get, the fastest p, or the fastest a

AND THE STRING GOES ON

For all AMD users/lovers

B]For all AMD users/lovers[/B]

AMD tearing down Intel? Bull#$@t, you're blinded by the truth or better yet your just fooling yourself.

So just keep dreaming after all it's free.

The truth hurts....

WTF???

Yo you are not goin 2 tell me ur a filipino guy becuz my mom is from the phillipines and my father is from the netherlands so that makes me 50% filipino, and if u are, you're a disgrace for my mother becuz or a intel lover and as you know intel lovers must parrish and suffer my eternal wrath and must rot in the ancient dungeons deep down in the planet of AMD!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

oh well

i did my best, but still no one has given me one piece of evidence, not one logical reason, not one bit of intelligent discourse that would contradict the prevailing ideas in this thread.

what i said was not audacious or arrogant, what i said was a logical analysis of your argument, pointing out that it is full of holes, inconsistencies, and contradictions. if that is arrogant, it is you who live in a fantasy world where no one will ever question your statements.

as for your dose of reality, you have provided nothing of the kind.

the reality is, and continues to be, that AMD is of at least equal quality and performance, but at a lower price.

one last time, if anyone can point to even the tiniest shred of evidence that there is something i am missing, i would be very grateful for a decent argument.

pay MORE now, pay MORE later too

Most people buy a new computer before it reaches the end of its life, so you end up paying for a new one before you can benefit from intel's supposedly extra long lasting ability. Thus, you don't save the money you claim to be saving. If you're going to get a new computer or upgrade in another year or so, why not save urself the money and buy the less expensive one. Not to mention the fact that you won't be contributing to another monopoly in the computer industry other than the G Man.

Re: WTF???

Originally posted by AcidBurN
Yo you are not goin 2 tell me ur a filipino guy becuz my mom is from the phillipines and my father is from the netherlands so that makes me 50% filipino, and if u are, you're a disgrace for my mother becuz or a intel lover and as you know intel lovers must parrish and suffer my eternal wrath and must rot in the ancient dungeons deep down in the planet of AMD!!!!
:

I'm very sorry to say that you're the disgrace 'coz no straight minded filipina will ever marry a foreigner. They're for the hopeless ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back