Error Code #2 everytime i boot up.

J

jaxxsterz

Everytime i boot win xp pro. i get error code #2.
right after my settings are restored. I don't know
what or if the error is causing any problems.

can anyone shed some light on this.

thanx

Code 2
Depending on which device is failing, you may see either of two different messages. This code means that the device loader (DevLoader) did not load a device. When this device is a Root Bus DevLoader (for example, ISAPNP, PCI, or BIOS), the following message is displayed

Windows could not load the driver for this device because the computer is reporting two <type> bus types. (Code 2)

Contact your computer manufacturer to get an updated BIOS for your computer.

where <type> is ISAPNP, PCI, BIOS, EISA, or ACPI.

Solution button: None

When the device is not a root bus DevLoader, the following message is displayed

The <type> device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver. (Code 2)

To fix this, click Update Driver to update the device driver.

where <type> is the DevLoader such as FLOP, ESDI, SCSI, and so on.

Solution button: Update Driver

In addition to following the recommended solution, try removing the device from Device Manager, and then running the Add New Hardware wizard.

Thanks for the reply. Thing is, all i get is
error code #2. I get no device driver error
or any other error msgs. I'm stumped!

Next time you boot up, get a screen shot of the error that gets displayed. I can't find anything about 'error code #2.'

well thats a code 2 in device manager, the cause of most problems, if its another one then....damn

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back