Ericsson T68i (Good or Bad?)

jonifen

pffff...
I've recently been looking around for a new mobile phone and I've seen I could get a Sony Ericsson T68i with camera for £155.28 (inc. VAT) from here - http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=T68IMCA20 (when they get more stock in of course).

I was just wondering if anyone here had ever used one of these phones and if they had, what they thought of it.

I've currently got a Nokia 6210 but I get the feeling its on its last legs as the battery is full one minute, has one bar left the next and then its back upto 4 bars - doesnt make sense at all.

edit: how come there isnt a mobile phone forum bit here? or would it come under general hardware?

I don't have one or know anyone that have one but I've tried one. It seemed like a good phone. Plus it sells very well so it's not a bad phone apparently... :) The camera isn't built in though.

aye, i know about the camera not being built in... it clips on the bottom of the phone I see which isnt too bad either (I've seen cables so the camera can be used away from the handset to get different angles).

I noticed it was a good seller, I've been interested in getting one of these for a long time after seeing it on a TV advert - decent price too atm makes me think I'll get it.

I have the T68i, I love that phone

one of my mates also has it with the Camera, which is actually pretty good for its size

am I the only one who does not understand why someone would want a camera on thier phone? They don't have near the quality of the digital cam that I own. What are they, 640x480? That's not even half a mega-pixel. Oh well, to each thier own. I use my phone as a phone. The only feature that my phone has that I really like is the speaker phone.

I want the camera purely for on-the-spot snapshots, I'm not going to enter any competitions in "Photography" magazine or anything lol. Plus it's useful for personalising the phone screen :)

Geffy, thats the opinion I've been waiting for!! 2 people with a t68i, one of which with a camera, both liking it :D

anyone else got comments to make on this phone?

I was seriously considering buying one of these about 6 months ago. My mate has got one and I have always had an Ericsson. Very good phone I must say. I ended up with a Nokia 7210 (also a good phone) mainly because I fancied a change from an Ericsson.

Also the battery life indicator on Ericsson's seems to be more accurate then on Nokia's.

Originally posted by rushm001
I was seriously considering buying one of these about 6 months ago. My mate has got one and I have always had an Ericsson. Very good phone I must say. I ended up with a Nokia 7210 (also a good phone) mainly because I fancied a change from an Ericsson.

Also the battery life indicator on Ericsson's seems to be more accurate then on Nokia's.

The battery indicator on my 6210 nokia is awful lol - dont think it knows how full it is :rolleyes:

I dont have one, but a couple of people I know have it and have had no problems with it.

I nearly bought one when i changed my phone contract but opted for the nokia 6100 instead as i dont think i could have got used to the joystick of the T68i.

Anywho, back on track, I've heard its a good phone and never heard anything on the contrary and for £155 you may as well go for it :)

Bear in mind it is " 256 color" only...photos might not be as good as hoped.

:eek:

looks like I'm gettin this fone then :)
jus waitin fer em to get stock in now lol

Hmm , I've bought two weeks an P800 ( very satisfied ) from Ericsson by replacing my T68 ( simple ) which I'll give to my mother ..

Why I recommend it :
1. Pretty nice , easy menus , design ( here depends of yours favorites ) .. , nice wallpapers & more others

Why don't recommend it
1. ''Rings pretty slow'' even on maximum .. ( happened not hearing even home )
2. Camera - tired to take it with me .. :rolleyes: > new generation of phone have buitin camera'
3. Not so much speed while "surfing" with pictures ( screensavers - wallpapers & others )

U can take conclusion of what others talked about it ..

Also got Sony Ericsson P800 here... damn sweet phone. Just got my new 128MB flash card for it... currently playing with it... putting mp3's/ogg's and videos on it... anyway :p

T68i - had one of these phones for a while... was ok phone... didn't really have it long enough to get used to it... didn't have a problem with it though. One largly good point I found with it was that it had bluetooth.

MdSalih

My boss at work has a p800 too... I cant help but think its a bit big and clumsy. Im one of those people who would prefer the most functionality with the smallest size (the t68i seems to provide that). Dont get me wrong though, the p800 is a nice phone, but it aint my kinda thing as its pretty big even though its got a purpose for being big - its so damn functional!

I wubs BlueTooth on my T68i, I use it to send all those wicked themes and shiz to it

aye, I havent got any bt stuff atm - but that's something for the future definitely (an ill end up getting a dongle for the pc without a doubt).

Thanks for all your opinions :)
I'm gonna order it tonight

I'll post back when I get it to tell ya all if I like it or not
/me hopes he does lol

I havent ordered it yet... I wanted to ask what networks people use on their t68i. Just that someone I know on q3 said he's had 6 t68i's and they've all been sent back for being awful - orange ended up giving him a 7210 when the 6th one went back. He mentioned loads of bad things about it - awful signal reception, he couldnt answer phone calls at times, and when he got voicemail, it wouldnt let him dial the mailbox to get the messages etc. He said the 7210 is much better (he's on orange btw).

Thats kinda why I'm after knowing what network people are on as I'm on o2 although I do have an orange sim card aswell...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back