Epson Stylus CX7000F Printer; Black missing every other inch

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I've been having problems with my Epson Stylus CX7000F All-In-One printer. Recently, I have been experiencing problems with the black ink printing throughout the page. It seems to be missing lines down the page every inch or so. I'm not really sure what the problem is; it just seems like throughout the page, about every other inch or so, it just doesn't print. It prints great on the areas that it does print on. All of the colors seem to be printing fine as well.

I have not had any problems with the cartridges that I have been using. The black cartridge was changed first and was working fine, however seemed to have stopped when I replaced the Magenta / Cyan / Yellow cartridges. I attempted to do a nozzle check, which it's missing certain areas in the black also. I've cleaned the nozzles, and while I don't know what it's doing when that's being done, but after doing that 2 times, my color cartridges seem to be 1/4 left... and they're brand new.

I attempted to contact Epson support, and when I asked them if I could give them the serial to check warranty status, they never got back to me. Is there anything that I can do to potentially resolve this problem, until I'm able to get a new replacement printer?

I hesitate to post because I don't really have any encouraging news for you. I loved Epson but the nozzle clogging drove me crazy. As you've noticed, running the cleaning cycle uses a lot of ink. I've had three Epson printers in the C80-series. The C80, C82 and C86, all within say six years.

The C82 was actually a warranty refurbished replacement for the C80.

I haven't used my C86 in over a year though as I need new cartridges and every time I'd replace them I'd end up losing a lot of ink due to cleaning cycles.

Anyway, as I said I'm not really answering your question or helping. AFAIK, no there's nothing short of a bunch of cleaning cycles which might help. That was my experience, anyway. It felt good to share my negative experience with someone going through something similar.

Yeah, I guess I really can't complain because the printer was free for me. Staples messed up with my girlfriend's dad and he walked away with 3 of those printers... though now that I look back in retrospect, did they really mess up? But now it kind of stinks because I am without a color printer at this point, and I of course don't have the finances to buy a new one.

Plus I now need to figure out a bang for the buck one before I budge. I know my local super market has an HP all in one for sale for $80, I don't know the model though.

Yes, a free printer is nice. Last year I obtained a free HP LaserJet 1100 which isn't outstanding but it beats not having any printer at all. I think if I had the finances to buy another color printer, I would pursue or at least lean towards HP, with some research of course. One absolute must in any printer I buy is that it have separate cartridges for all the colors.

FYI, just yesterday I picked up for free an AIO Epson Stylus Photo RX500 that evidently doesn't print for some reason - I haven't tried it yet though. I've never bought an AIO myself as I like to keep my components separate, and as with this one, if the printer ever goes out you're left with the largest, heaviest scanner and card reader there is.

It looks like it was a very nice model when it was working. The previous owner thinks it's the print head that's bad and is supposedly about $150. Given that I'd be taking a chance that it's true to buy one plus probably the six or seven ink cartridges necessary to fill it, there's no way I'd invest in trying to get it printing again.

If there's a chance your printer is still under warranty (less than a year?), I would pursue it some more.

Unfortunately I think we're right about that year end mark that it's out of warranty, so I'm not sure. It's funny; about 2 years ago I received an HP Laserjet 1100. Right now that sits attached to my girlfriend's computer. The only thing I feel I need to do with that is look up somehow I can get a new laser cartridge for it... haven't been too successful, looking for low price also. But in any case, the thing is still kicking.

I really wish I could use my finances towards a new computer... but I do want a printer that can print color. We'll see what happens. Right now I need to look up some websites (possibly consumer reports?) that will compare printers for me so I can find something that meets my needs.

Right now, I need something that's less wide than the CX7000F (it JUST fits under my shelf... I want a bit more wiggle room). I also prefer something that has a screen on it that will flip up. The 7000F has a screen, but it's just a status screen and it stays down. It's tough to see with it's location on my desk. I know the HP printer I had seen at the supermarket had a flip up LCD screen, which would be nice!

It's funny; about 2 years ago I received an HP Laserjet 1100. Right now that sits attached to my girlfriend's computer. The only thing I feel I need to do with that is look up somehow I can get a new laser cartridge for it... haven't been too successful, looking for low price also. But in any case, the thing is still kicking.

Hehe. I haven't had to buy a new toner cartridge yet either. It remains to be seen if I will once this one's spent. It might still be worth it as it would help save money over using an inkjet printer's expensive ink when I don't need color and excellent quality.

I really wish I could use my finances towards a new computer... but I do want a printer that can print color. We'll see what happens. Right now I need to look up some websites (possibly consumer reports?) that will compare printers for me so I can find something that meets my needs.

I know that feeling. My most recent computer I almost solely use for multimedia as I like to keep different computer uses separate to different computers. My wife's and my own computers are still running Sempron 2400+, although at least mine has SATA RAID. I have an old IDE RAID card in hers. My knowledge and imagination relating to computers far exceeds my wallet, and it doesn't look like that's about to change anytime soon.

Good luck in your printer and computer pursuits!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back