epox 8rda+ nFORCE 2 with onboard sound/ethernet

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Leaderz0rz, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

I know there is a motherboard section, but it doesn't really involved just the motherboard, so if its still the wrong forum then please move it :) anyways here is the problem, before i bought another better quality sound card, and when uninstalled the nforce 2 audio drivers, installed the new sound card's drivers, rebooted, i had no video past the start up screen.... so i ended up having to reinstall windows to get video back.

Well since its christmas and all, I bought myself a Audigey 2 ZL and I want to try it again. Now is there a bios feature I need to disable to turn off the onboard sound? beuase I looked and didn't see anything, and my motherboard manual doesn't mention disabiling it, maybe I missed uninstalling a driver? I'm not really sure, any help would be apreciated. I run Windows XP Pro also. and I have the latest bios updates and all.

2. Sinster

Sinster Moderator

Its in your BIOS. You just have to look around for it.

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

in BIOS

Integrated Peripherals >

"AC97 Audio" default is >Auto, It can be set to a value of Disabled if you decide to use an add-on sound card.

4. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

5. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

now, i would disable the onboard audio, what drivers would i uninstall? i know its nforce related but i see atleast 3 drivers mentioning audio. and after i uninstall the nforce drivers, i install the new soundcard drivers, then put in the card and everything should be good...

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

unisntall the one that mentions nvidia. at any rate, not "audio codecs" or "legacy audio drivers".