English Flag St. Georges Cross

Ezergeezer said:
I agree totally with EP too!

Do you think English people have "rights" in places like Iraq and Iran, I dont
think so, trying building a church there then! Here we have a bloody mosque
on every corner.

I want to know who this person is who started this ridiculous idea, this is ENGLAND for christ's sake, where just to bloody soft.

Actually in Iran members of Christianity and Judaism are considered protected minorities and are allowed to elect representatives to fill reserved parliamentary seats. I do not know about Iraq but I don't think how we treat ethnic minorities should have anything to do with how we would be treated in other countries. We are an advanced and relatively well educated country so we should feel a greater responsibility to the wider world. Anyway, we have very few people from these two countries living here.

As for the whole "when in Rome" argument i.e. that people who move to Britain should adopt our language/culture I only partly agree. I think people should learn English when they move here (and actually the law says that they must now) but I do not think that they should have to totally loose their culture as we live in a multicultural society and those other cultures enrich our own.

I know this thread is dead now but I wanted to respond to the other comments made as it seems I am the only one who disagrees with others on this subject.

he he - one of these days (when Scotland can win something) I will be waving my St Andrews flag amongs all these heathens round here!!

First world cup I remember was 78 and they played some good footy, esp against Holland. So I guess they kind of won something.

I always find Scottish people kinda of o.k. bar 1 or two I ever met, I have met about 250.

I was going to move 10 years ago to Perthshire, but the house I was after got gezumped, if that is the word.

Wave you flag with pride.

It's a shame Wales,Scotland and Ireland didn't get through,I'd wave a flag for each one of them too :D

Well Marge how kind hearted you are, I will wave only the ST. Georges cross and the Cornish Flag, me being a Cornish lover.

Cornwall.gif

Cornish Flag
w2stgeor.jpg

English Flag

Hey Lee

sorry you didn't make the move up to God's country all that time ago. The good news is that you cannot get guzumped now in Scotland when trying to buy a house. About time they made it law down here in England - its gone stupid now with house prices.

Just remembered - now I can wave my St Andrews flag with pride,as our girlies won the curling Gold medals the other year (and nobody can toss cabers like us!!) - I said CABERS.

respect

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back