English Flag St. Georges Cross

L

Lee

_40049911_flag203.jpg

English Flag St. Georges Cross this is my flag, the flag of my country England.

This weekend, Sunday England play their opening game against France.

This is the european championships for football.

This is what I am going to explain to you that don't know this. In England whenever there are Olympics, or England are in a championships of some sort, we end up with people getting told, you cannot display the St. Georges cross as it offends the ethnic minorities.

Taxi drivers, workes, pedestrians, shops, homes have all been told they will be fined, or even evicted if they display it.

Example1:

Example2:

Example3:

Example4:

Example5:

Even Police are saying they would fine motorists and give them 3 points on their licence.

What in the hell is going on? Please add your comments.

Myself personally I have 2 flags displayed as we speak both 5' 3''

thats nuts... how does a flag offend, I mean its not a confederate flag or a nazi flag. I tell ya it time to find a nice island and get away from everything...

Ridiculous I agree...

Ridiculous I agree...but I think they're are more concerned with the safety aspect of driving with a very large flag flapping around the windscreen and obscurring drivers views.

'SOD' the ethnic minorities, this is England, to many bloody do-gooders out
there trying to be politically correct.....'BOLL@%@s' I say.

'Long live the Queen'.

if that were true Ezergeezer then why are shops, homes and pedestrians not allowed to display it...

The ones on cars are very small, they're about the size of an A4 piece of paper, with one on the roof slightly larger.As for shops, it's usually where there are a lot of ethnic minorites, not like my Village where my girl is 1 of 3 ethnics.
She maybe be half caste and brown but like me she was born in 'ackney', me 'Croydon' we are both proud of being English.

Unleashed said:
No offence, but seeing those flags on cars drives me mad. I really have no idea why, but they annoy me intensly.
Why do they annoy you? You can't make a statement without a reason why!

No offence, but seeing those flags on cars drives me mad. I really have no idea why, but they annoy me intensly.

Yeah the same situation was here at uni when the world cup was on a load of people put flags up in their windows, and were told to take them down. Its totally stupid, we should be more like the US where being patriotic is more appreciated :(

This behaviour by wannabee politicians, cause people to (sadly) vote for NF and BNP.

You should have told the University you're all leaving your courses and you want your fees and stuff back. I doubt in your UCAS application nowhere it states you cannot display the flag of your own country.

I must say I am amazed that they can force you to take it down... In the US the confederate flag is not allowed to be flown at government building (not all but some) and I can see why. But this is a sporting event, I mean at the Olympics would they say youre not allowed to fly your countrys flag??

Its political correctness bull gone mad, although i have to say it seems better at the moment for Euro '04. around my area there are loads of cars with the flags on and all the local shops are selling England flags and merchandise

the flags on the cars wouldnt be so bad if they were made out of a decent materiel that didnt fray within minutes of being put up, also look at the side of the road, more snapped flags there, there a danger at the mo cus the poles are made out of some recycled crap that is brittle. imagine the poor guy on a bike behind you when the flag snaps off....

im not against them, it just seems every dodgy git out there is making them, should be secure, not how they are at the mo.

Well I've got my St George's crosses flying outside.
We've got a small on on top of a 20 foot pole and a large one flapping on a smaller pole in the back garden :D

Of those links you have posted, only one suggested that the bans are anything to do with ethnic minorities (and that was a forum post and not from a reliable news source). As has already been said the bans are to do with either safety or are imposed because pubs do not want to drive away any of the none football fans by creating a 'football terrace' style environment.

Ezergeezer said:
'SOD' the ethnic minorities, this is England, to many bloody do-gooders out
there trying to be politically correct.....'BOLL@%@s' I say.

Don't you think it is a bit racist to say "SOD" ethnic minorities. We should not "SOD" them they have a right to be listened to and have their concerns addressed.

Anyway, the reason that some people are uncomfortable about excessive showing of the English flag is because of all the racists and football hooligans who have hijacked it.

What is most ironic about that is that our flag shows the cross of a man (St George) who was not even English he was Turkish! :rolleyes:

In reference to PK's post...actually, yes, our beloved US has pretty much said that. They do not want the atheletes to wave the Stars and Stripes around at any medal celebrations...they said it may provoke crowd hostility. So, we can't be proud of our respective countries now? BULL$HIT! I'll be waving my Old Glory and I hope all of you across the pond wave St. Georges Cross proudly and don't EVER let spineless politicians tell you otherwise! The way I see it is...Don't like my Flag? Don't look!

Said on the news yesterday that he flying of the St Georges flag has been banned altogether in a North East town as it may offend ethnic minorities but I can't remember which one :confused:

Evil Marge said:
Said on the news yesterday that he flying of the St Georges flag has been banned altogether in a North East town as it may offend ethnic minorities but I can't remember which one :confused:

If that is true then I agree it is stupid because I do not believe that ethnic minorities would be offended as, if they live here permanently, they are as English/British as any of us.

What is most ironic about that is that our flag shows the cross of a man (St George) who was not even English he was Turkish! :rolleyes:
Before you hijack my thread with you PC a.f. get your facts straight, ST.George was Spanish, you want to be a knob you go back to listening to bbc radio news.

I hear on the radio and the tv day-after-day about looney liberals and labour councils causing racial problems coz of their 'tarte' ideas.As for the links they are the first 5 I got of the 292,000 I found on this subject alone. I have to work from home today, I post here on puter breaks, or read things on puter breaks, I have not got all day to post every link I find.

Hi Marge, wassup un-evil person?:eek:

Me you live in a country you support that country, you support some other country go live there.(myself)

try living in the USA... everyone is pretty much from everywhere else... Irish flags, Puerto Rican flags, Canadian flags, Italian flags, Greek flags and so on... flags, license plates little flags that hang from the rear view mirror I mean sometimes it get ridiculous

Lee said:
Before you hijack my thread with you PC b.s. get your facts straight, ST.George was Spanish, you want to be a mofo you go back to listening to bbc radio news.
take is down a notch Lee... no need for all that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back