Endpoint Format Invalid?

R

Rob Snoozer

Hello:

I am using windows xp pro - a couple days back when I rebooted, I got this cryptic message just after the splash screen blanked out...

ISASS.EXE - The endpoint format is invalid.

As soon as you check OK - the system then reboots. Don't check, and nothing happens.

There is an MS knowledge base file at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307654

Which discusses the problem - it apprently was first picked encountered in NT 4.0 - and has been carried to Windows 2000, and now is part of XP as well (unbelieveable this problem has been on record since 1997, and Microsoft has still not bothered to repair it - and it carries on to this day.)

I have not found a resolution to this problem after searching google and altavista - or any notes on it with respect to 'endpoint format'. The recommended fixes for ISASS.exe problems don't work.

I can boot into safe mode - and a couple days ago when I did a repair install - I started getting IRQ stack errors.

Nonetheless - I booted from my cdrom and did a second repair installation - to no effect. I am still plagued by this endpoint format invalid problem.

All I can tell is that it appears to have something to do with the registry. But reverting to an earlier backed up registry (I use WinRescue XP - highly recommended) or restoring the system does not seem to get past this problem.

Has anyone encoutered the 'endpoint failure' problem?

Suggestions?

Thank you...

Rob Snoozer :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back