Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Hud, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Hud

Hud Guest

I have a couple of questions about email. I received a spam email today and it said it was sent from one of my old email addresses to the same email address that I only use to receive email. I know I didn't send anything from this account. How can they use my email address in the from line? Is this just a trick or is this something I should report? Another problem I had was about 2 weeks ago I got some undelivered email back for some hotmail addresses I never heard of, they were supposed to be sent from the same email address as the spam I got today.
  2. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Arizona near the Grand Canyon
    Well I had the same thing happen to me so I changed my password and it still happened, then I remember somebody telling me that there are ways to clone an email address so I figured that is what happened and just deleted the junk and that worry about. Well I'm sure somebody else can provide better information on this but I have heard that its possible to clone email address. I hope this helps.
  3. Hud

Hud Guest

Yes it does help; I feel a little better now. I just changed my password in-case someone got hold of it. I don't like the idea of someone using my email address. I don't like junk mail and would never send it to anyone else.
  4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah its easy to clone that why there are digital signatures etc. available now, I am currently sending out 18000 pretending to come from :s