Email Client or Nothing

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

In your opinion, for gmail, is it better to just use gmail's main page or use a program such as Thunderbird to check emails and orgainize?

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Well, although I use Outlook instead of Thunderbird, I prefer the client. However if you only have one e-mail address, GMAIL web interface is probably best because you can access everything from anywhere and it's all backed up for you. I manage several addresses, and have just used Outlook for awhile, so that is my preference.

3. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Like DJ I use a client because I have several accounts. But even still I would use a client, mostly for offline stuff.

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've always preferred using mail clients (Outlook 2003, in my case) over webmail interfaces. I personally find webmail too limiting and unnatural, since I'm so used to drag-and-drop, context menus etc.

In the end, it's completely down to personal preference though.

5. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

That's what I thought people were going to say. I'd just like to know what people think. I have always been one of those people who love to try new things and new programs. At the moment I'm now using Thunderbird, and I really like it.

Thanks guys.