Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

I disagree, they made the game much more simplified to appease a larger audience. I think Morrowind was much better and more complex. The story was much better too. Oblivion is still a great game, but it could have been better had they (Bethseda) Kept to their roots a tad more.

Now I felt Morrowind was just too big, and I find traveling in Oblivion easier. You have to admit, walking forever gets a little tedious?!

still not getting it yet. need better graphis and more ram.

D'oh, realised I haven't posted a single other post in this, and I was the topic starter. Not Clever :D

I like the game, but it does feel smaller than Morrowind in a way.. are there less towns, or is it just the fact that you have to walk to places that makes the game feel rusty. But anyway, the + and -s of the game

+Good graphics, especially if you get the more realistic.... mods
+Really good for customisation, through mods
+The Radiant AI system isn't 100% revolutionary, as Ultima 7 used a similar system, but this is on a much much larger scale
+Nice quick travel function if you don't feel like footslogging half way accross the map to go and do that quest.
+The main point, really open ended, I haven't touched the main quest for a couple of weeks as I'm busy on the guild quests.

But on the other hand

-You do need as powerful a rig as you can get, and to get the best out of the system you do need to tweak the .ini file. I have a 3.2Ghz PC with 1GM RAM and a ATI FX 5600 XT which is just below the recommended specs, and it runs fine even without tweaking, but a faster processor and one of the new X100 video cards is reccommended.

-The game has obviously been designed with dual PC / X-360 usage designed, as the menus as consoleish (e.g. you can't have 2 different windows open at the same time)

-There are only about 4-5 generic NPC voices for male / female characters so it can sound repetative in some cases. The prime characters like Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart are good of course.

-Everything is tied to your level, there are no monsters weaker than you or impossible to beat (although there are some caps and monsters are challenging) - a minor niggle as there are a few mods around this, but it is a bone of contention for some people.

emeritus said:
Now I felt Morrowind was just too big, and I find traveling in Oblivion easier. You have to admit, walking forever gets a little tedious?!

The fast travel feature along with map markers are some of the things that have taken the game down a notch. In morrowind you had to figure out where locations where. That was fun, you had to talk to people and bust out your map to try to figure it out. Walking got a little tidious at times, but it was still cool because you got to see the landscape which was nice. (besides cliff racers!)

The whole game has been consolized (aka simplified) and bascially dumbed down to appease people who want a simplier game. This is disapointing to us hardcore players, but in the end its all about how many copies they can sell.

You can play at your own pace Aprox, you are not forced to use the fast travel feature. You can do what you want at your pace.

I have mixed my quests. I can travel instantly or I can walk/run/ride to locations. There is no harm in having that aspect. I think it is one of the nicest additions to the game because now I can do as I please.

This is true, however now thats its there I find myself using it rather than walking. I just dont think it was absolutely nessary to add it, I think a more preferred a way would have been similar to morrowind, The slit striders. Or like in WoW the griphons and such. Basically from one local to a group of others, Not the whole world.. but you're right just because its there doesnt mean I have to use it.

If you don't want to use it, don't. It's an option, it's not compulsory.

I typically walk my quests personally :cool:

The game just has so many buggy quests it's annoying though :(

Yeah, I have ran into some bugged quests. I had one that fixed itself though after about two game weeks. Hopefully a patch can fix these issues.

Best damn game, any game I've logged 50+ hours in is bomb.. that's a lot of time.. I have all the Official mods (Frostcrag Spire, Horse Armor, The Orrery) if anyone wants PM.

I dunno if you guys still play this, but along with the 3 other previous official mods, I also have the new Thieve's Den. Just PM if you want any of them.

Weirdly, I started to enjoy the game a lot more once I started riding everywhere instead of teleporting using the map. I found I got a much better feel for where I was and the world felt much more in depth. Obviously I don't always walk/ride everywhere, sometimes I just can't be arsed to wait and the teleport thing is really useful. Still, a fantastic game regardless.

yeah but it gets bit lonely sometimes, used to online games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back