Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

I agree with you, Ray, I am more impressed by this game every minute. It really did live up to its massive hype and then some. Just doing the main quest alone takes a bit, but I'm also working at guild masteries...after that, there's STILL more. Did you know there's a village in the hills full of invisible people? One even has a quest.

ray_gillespie said:
BTW, has anyone in the UK had trouble finding the limited edition version? I haven't seen many online, and now they're going for £85! I managed to get one in HMV of all places for £35, which was a bargain considering I couldn't actually get one on play.com (my order was "waiting for stock" last I heard) or amazon. I think GAME were selling them for £45!

I got my collectors edition from play.com on pre-order - or is there another version???

Alright, I'm a newwwb at this game, how do I drop an item?

Hold Shift and click the item in your inv.

I am glad you guys like the game, I know I love it. It does have its fair share of bugs but thats always the case with TES games. I remember when Morrowind first came out, it was full of annoying bugs. They quickly get patched, then Bethseda releases official plugins! (cant wait)

Yes this game is quite impressive, the amount of quests/dungeons/plunder is staggering. If your system is a beast it sure does have every graphical effect in the book (at least to the development date). In Morrrowind, however, I found this one random quest whilst traveling from an NPC who had me guide her to a nearby town safely. Well that was a sinch and I received.. The Boots Of Blinding Speed. Boots which would boost my speed skill tremendously... but make the whole screen black as if I were blind. I thought this was one of the most innovative ideas in a game and I look forward to seeing these kinds of innovations deeper in the game as I continue to play.

awesome-o said:
Yes this game is quite impressive, the amount of quests/dungeons/plunder is staggering. If your system is a beast it sure does have every graphical effect in the book (at least to the development date). In Morrrowind, however, I found this one random quest whilst traveling from an NPC who had me guide her to a nearby town safely. Well that was a sinch and I received.. The Boots Of Blinding Speed. Boots which would boost my speed skill tremendously... but make the whole screen black as if I were blind. I thought this was one of the most innovative ideas in a game and I look forward to seeing these kinds of innovations deeper in the game as I continue to play.

Thank's man, can't belive I didn't try that.

LordOfLA said:
I got my collectors edition from play.com on pre-order - or is there another version???

That's the one, though I put my order in late. I think they just recieved far fewer copies than they anticipated, and the later pre-orders have been put on (indefinite?) hold. It just seems weird that they're going for so much on amazon, I'll have a look on ebay later and see what they're going for on there. Luckily I have mine :) but I'm still interested!

EDIT: I've just found this!! I can't believe they're charging for plugins now!! Hopefully someone will make a free equivalent to the horse armour one.

Last edited:
ray_gillespie said:
EDIT: I've just found this!! I can't believe they're charging for plugins now!! Hopefully someone will make a free equivalent to the horse armour one.

Lol...Yeah, I can't see too much success coming from those. The game already has an active modding community.

So does NWN but bioware made a fair sum from their premium add-on modules. I cant see much objection to paying £1 or so for quality add-ons from bethesda really.

Its cheap sure, but considering I already spent 50+ on the game, they could do it for free like before. They cut a bunch of content out of the game, wouldnt suprise me if they put it back in as addons you have to pay for.

I don't fault them for wanting to make money, though; they've earned it. Bethesda has provided as much content as any THREE games I've ever played (barring RPGs...I loved Baldur's Gate 2 and I got it for $15!).

I love Bethseda, they have done a great job, I just dont like the idea of paying more money for mods. Mods are something that have always been free... and I think should continue to be so (official or not).

check your local BT store. :)

Mods are what keep games alive for 5 or more years, look at the half-life franchise... if that game never had mods its popularity would have been a small fraction of what it is today.

Aprox said:
I love Bethseda, they have done a great job, I just dont like the idea of paying more money for mods. Mods are something that have always been free... and I think should continue to be so (official or not).

check your local BT store. :)

I agree, Oblivion was written with the modding community in mind, it seems a bit strange that Bethesda would start charging for mods. Then again, maybe they're just trying to give the mod community a kick up the arse into producing loads of free ones!

could be :)

One way to drive demand for free mods is to charge for your own ones :p

Speaking of making your own mods, check out this sweet spell.

Attachments

• wrath.jpg
    wrath.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 139
ok..iv put getting the game on hold until i get a new graphics card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back