Editing video media

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by brocher, Dec 14, 2002.

1. brocher

brocher Moderator

I was wondering if anyone knew what the best video editing software(+ easy to use as well) is at the moment.Not for converting formats but for actual editing of the actual movie.
  2. yamaha-98

yamaha-98 Guest

Adobe premier is supposed to be one of the best.Get a free trial of version 6.5 from www.adobe.com.
  3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    That's right ... Adobe Premiere is professional-level video-editing software.

Microsoft has released Windows Movie Maker 2 beta ... I'm waiting for the final release. It's supposed to be even better than iMovie for Macs (one place where OS X was better than XP ;))
  4. Zodiaq

Zodiaq Guest

As Netryder said Adobe Premier is a Professional level package but in your post you also wanted something easy.

I personally use Adobe Premier for all my digital video editing, it's an incredibly powerful tool but not as easy to learn.

Other options to look at would be Ulead Video Studio(very easy), Sonic My DVD and Pinacle Studios have some pretty straight forward editing software.

If you want absolute top of the line go with Premier, you won't be dissapointed.

Have fun:D
  5. Burpster

Burpster Guest

6. I would go with adobe premiere as well.
  7. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Possibly Adobe Premiere and a copy of "Adobe Premiere for Dummies"??

I hope I don't sound like a sarcastic ass, I think the book does exist and they always make things seem fairly easy.
  8. brocher

brocher Moderator

Thank for all the replies.Trying to get adobe premier now.Again cheers.