Ebay

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by dabomb, Jan 6, 2003.

1. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

Does anyone regularly use this auction site? what do you think of it? whats the biggest feedback rating that anyone has on these boards? :)

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I think there is cool stuff on ebay that you can find, but a lot of people get ripped off, and yet, a lot of people buy stuff without any problems..

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

How do people get ripped off?

4. pothitos

pothitos Guest

You gotta hunt around and look for stuff because a lot of people will charge high prices because people will pay those prices.

5. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

please get ripped off from people living in indonesia, they always use fake credit card details and thats how people get ripped off :(

6. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

I think u gotta be crazy to buy from Ebay...what with all the scams going round at the moment.

The only reason i would go the would be to buy something obscure that you're unlikely to find in a shop.

There is nothing stopping people not sending what you have paid for....but they will be happy to take your ££££/$$$$!!

7. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

I have yet to have a bad experience buying anything on eBay, and I've bought dozens of items, including the hardware for several computers and loads of musical instruments and studio gear. You've got to do your research and check seller ratings carefully. If a seller has a couple thousand positive ratings and only a very few negatives (usually in the single digits) that's a pretty darn good risk, in my opinion.

Only time I got burned on eBay was when a high bidder didn't follow through on something I was selling.

8. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

The just didn't want to pay $1,000,000 to name that left boob, eh? :p

9. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

Heh, I forgot about that. Ah, the golden mammaries...

10. Jmtyra

Jmtyra Guest

Bought and sold some stuff on there, but I try to use either a CC or paypal for the added level of protection.

11. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

either that or billpoint

12. Kush

Kush High On Life!

8$ for a p800??

i saw weird auctions and i wanted to know if those were scams which the y probably were! like for 8 $ u get info on how to get free electronics legaly is that true? here is the link to one of those! link

13. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

That's bull**** :)

14. Kush

Kush High On Life!

thought so

yup i thought so that it was bull

15. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i wish

i wish it was true though

16. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

I don't use it much but i have never had a problem with them, i usualy only buy from high ranked people. But sometimes i don't.
    I think i have a rank of 9 or 10, but some havn't ranked