ear infections suck as*

about an hour.. enough for me to get to bed. allthough lee my advice is to get ahold of some cipro. (about 85 dollars for a 10ml bottle w/out insurance.) it will last for about 3-4 infections and this stuff seems to be knocking it out. im past the bad part... the nice thing abhout it is its a antibiotic but in the suspension is also a steriod for swelling and a anti plain ingredient.

on your topic i really should get ahot water bottle they are great for all sorts of things.

I keep cornmeal in ziploc bags in the freezer.

Whole corn in a old tube sock, put in in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and keep mixing it up to distribute the heat.

But the hot water bottle is still the best.

Steevo said:
I also found that drying out my ears with q-tips after a shower or bath was a big help. I usally reach down inside to get it all dry, using 3-4 of them to make sure that I never touch the end I use.

Q-tips do not belong in the ear canal. Not only can they rupture your eardrum if you accidentally put one in too deep, they can also shove earwax further down the ear canal, and they can leave behind wisps of cotton which can lead to blockages in your ear canal. It is much better to use either a mixture of 50%rubbing alcohol/50%water, or to use a third capful hydrogen peroxide per ear then tip your head and gently pull on your ear to let the excess drain out. Both of which will help prevent infection and help dry things out.

A heating pad on low works as a great replacement for a hot water bottle and it will last as long as you need it. (not to mention the fact you don't need to worry bout leaks)

Oh man I feel for you guys. Luckily I don't get the infections, but my son used to get them very badly. Can I try some advice of my own here? My son had almost constant ear infections from about 6 mos old to almost 4 yrs old, with one actually perforating his eardrum. Towards the end of the cycle, we started to get fed up with the constant stream of amoxicillin in the medicine cabinet, it didn't seem to be doing much. My sister-in-law saw a pamphlet on ear infections in a chiropractors office of all places. It basically said a common cause for them is misalignment of the spine from the birthing process. We asked our (HMO) doctor and she nearly fainted when we said chiropractor. She then went off about chiropractic medicine and how our HMO didn't believe in it. Needless to say, no referal. We went to see him anyhow. He took an xray of my son, showed me the misalignment clear as day, and 4 weeks and a couple of hundered out-of-pocket dollars later we took another xray. Straight as an arrow. No more ear pain. Went back to our HMO girl. She commented how the amoxicillin really did a good job this time. I then took out the (full)bottle and told her she could keep it since she liked it so much, compliments of the local chiropractor. Needless to say we dumped that HMO quick. My son is now 16 and hasn't had a single ear infection since. Check it out, maybe your insurance covers them, most chiropractors have free initial visits anyhow. What have you got to lose?

I got this when I was Grade 5. Hurts a lot!

Get well soon..

happened to my friend, he used used q-tips was pretty funny. he kept complaining then went to the doctors office and he told him u have an infection

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back