EA Games & Widescreen

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Kr0m, May 15, 2007.

1. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Anyone know if there's a manual way to edit some sort of config file in order to get a resolution for widescreen LCD (ie: 1440x900) related to most of the EA games out there?
    Currently I have BF2 (plus expansions), BF2142, NHL 2007 & Tiger Woods 2007 amd so far, I haven't been able to find any sort of tweaks or tips regarding customizing resolutions. (you'd think by now they'd have support for widescreen resolutions)

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

The closest you'll get in BF is hacks like these. EA doesn't give widescreen resolutions in shooters (at least, they won't adjust FOV) on purpose, because if you change the FOV to properly display widescreen, some players would have the distinct advantage of having more visible playing area. The only compromise that EA could come up with is to force 4:3 players to play the game in letterbox. Either way, someone has to play in non-native resolution. Eventually, everyone will be on 16x9 screens, but not anywhere in the immediate future.

I don't see why they wouldn't have it on the rest of their games, though. That kinda sucks.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  3. emeritus

emeritus Beware the Monkeys!!!

Use this line instead:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

Substitute the resolution you require. In my case I would use 1680 x 1050.

4. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

+widescreen doesnt work for me in 2142 but the manual defining of the rez does

5. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

NHL 07

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EA SPORTS\NHL07\

double-click on gfx mode and set value, for example:
    0=640x480
    1=800x600 and so on

Might want to toy with that and see what you find.

http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/forum967/

6. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User