E-Mailprinting error

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Guybrush, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

A colleque has asked me to see if anybody can help with a small problem. It seems when trying to print certain e-mails though his www.doctors.org.uk account, he gets the following error:

INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

! An error has occured in the script of this page

Line: 93
    Char: 1
    Error: Access is denied
    Code: 0
    url: res://c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
    Do yo want to continue running scripts on this page?

Clicking yes or no has little or no effect. My computer experience is pretty limited and I am at a loss. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Open Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.

Tick 'disable script debugging'.

See how that goes.

3. Guybrush

Guybrush Village Idiot

4. dgkdrk

dgkdrk OSNN One Post Wonder

I had the same error message in OE as you posted. After trying all kinds of things as listed in web searches, I finally found a program that worked. However, if you try it be aware that it changes registry settings. So think seriously about it before using it, and make sure you backup your registry or set a restore point before using it. I scanned it with AVG and Nod32 prior to my using it, and there were no viruses or trojans found. But, you should still do the same if you download it and try it (after all, you don't know me, and it does change your registry, and being safe is always the best!).

Anyway, I zipped the file and put it on my webspace. If you want to try it, download it at the link at the bottom of this post, scan it, expand it, scan it again, back up registry or set a restore point for your computer, then double click the file and let it add to your registry. I used this on my WinXP Home computer and, as I said it worked for me, but I don't know if your error message is because of the same thing that was wrong with my computer.

http://bis.midco.net/dgkdrk/fix_printer_shdoclc.zip