E-mail Shortcut

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lfgasnrg, Jul 8, 2002.

1. lfgasnrg

lfgasnrg Guest

I have Win XP Pro and am running Outlook 2000 Pro for my e-mail. When I click on the "mail to" link on any web page, all that happens is that my Outlook opens up but it does not start a new e-mail page or even show me the e-mail address. It use to work on win 98 but I must need to turn something on or off for this feature to work with xp. Please let me know what I need to do, or if this may be an Office 2000/WIN XP compatibility problem.

Thanks

SKip

:confused:

2. Lukas

Lukas Real Name No Gimmicks

try this

Open up windows explorer, go to Folder Options. There click on tabpage File Types.

Scroll down to this line:

(NONE) URL:MailTo Protocol

and click on advanced. You'll get a new window titled Edit File Type. Select the action 'Open' and click on edit.

For Outlook Express it should read:

Action: open
    Application used ... : "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /mailurl:%1
    Use DDE should be checked.
    DDE Message: (empty)
    Application: msimn
    DDE Application Not Running: (empty)
    Topic: System

For Outlook 2002 it should read:

Action: open
    Application used... :"C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE" -c IPM.Note /m "%1"
    Use DDE should be checked.
    DDE Message: (empty)
    Application: OUTLOOK
    DDE Application Not Running: (empty)
    Topic: System

I think you should only pay attention to the parameters "/mailurl:%1" for Outlook Express and "-c IPM.Note /m "%1" for Outlook. I think the parameter -c IPM.Note /m "%1 is the same for Outlook 2000 and 2002. If you are going to copy-paste these lines pay attention to the file location paths.

Greetz

Lukas

3. lfgasnrg

lfgasnrg Guest

Thanks