E-mail notification

Andre9570

Drift On...
Currently I have three mail accounts for which I can pop into. Yet my mobile device will not auto recieve these e-mails. As a result I want to have a notification sent my way via SMS to tell me which account has recieved an email. I have played around with rules in outlook yet I have not found a way to have another message be generated at the time the first one is recieved to notify me that the message has arrived. I can forward but this will not work for longer messages. I know Novell GroupWise will allow rule generate messages other than forwards to be used, but at the same time our filter at work prevent these messages from sending. Any help would be great
Thanks.

So it sounds like 1 of the three accounts is at work? Forget about auto notification on that account. The company put restrictions in to minimize mail traffic, protect company proprietary information and to keep employees from screwing off when they should be working. Successful attempts, or any attempt, to circumvent the company IT restrictions is grounds for immediate termination of employment. They have no sense of humor about this so don't even try.

If the other 2 accounts are personal just use forwarding or the Rules in outlook.

First off I work in the Information Services department of my company. Two, as I stated in my post I know that our spam filters will not allow me to auto generate mail messages. Now this not a result of a ban on this type of mail is that the filter on the server has not been fine tuned to reject other types and allow this through. I want to know if there is a way to generate a new mail message with a recipient and a short "check your mail” message, using something other than GroupWise. Finally I do believe when you forward the message gets sent along with anything additional you may add to the message. This cannot happen because SMS is limited to 160 characters and even less when sent by an e-mail address.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back