DVD Player Software

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Friend of Bill, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

Which is the better of the two DVD player Softwares?

WinDVD Platinum or PowerDVD 4.0. I want to add a DVD Player to my system and don't know which piece of software is the "better" of the two (in terms of stability and video/sound quality).

Any comments/alternatives are apprecitated.

2. Jachyra

Jachyra Guest

I've always use PowerDVD and never had a prob with it. So I guess I would recommend it :)

3. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I use WinDVD, only because it came bundled with my laptop. But still a nice app.

4. MaryJ

MaryJ Guest

I use them both on my XP and PDVD only on Win 98.
    On the XP I tend to always use PDVD reason being I've been using it since I had a PC... Try the demo's and take it from there.:)

5. Or you can use the Windows Media Player. Its got DVD playback support built in. I mainly use PowerDVD( that came with my DVD drive) and InterActual Player that came with some DVD movies (Spiderman).

6. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I use POWERDVD XP, and won't use nothing else to load up my movies.

7. Friend of Bill

Thanks all for the input. I'll try WMP and see how it works. If it doesn't perform I'll try PowerDVD since it seems to be the majority: :)

8. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

yep i would say go for powerdvd. But i never really used windvd

9. Jahya

Jahya Guest

I'll take PowerDVD over WinDVD any day. Used them both and just found PowerDVD to be more reliable.

10. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I use NVDVD. Only thing I hate about it, is there is no disable screensaver option.

11. Burpster

Burpster Guest

CyberLink PowerDVD XP Deluxe v4.0 ...been using cyberlink for quite a few years now and really like it

12. Kuja

Kuja OSNN Addict

NVDVD and PowerDVD XP for me.

13. Friend of Bill

PowerDVD it is! Now for the DVD hardware...:)

14. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yeah !

power dvd rocks! its the best!

15. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I would actually rate each player very similarly as they are ... well pretty similar. The deluxe version of PowerDVD does have more sound options tho, and the directshow filters also feature these options...

Also both players can use the filters in Zoom Player ;) - which is the best ;)