DVD player crappin out again

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
I had this problem on my last pc, whenever i close the DVD with or without disk it craps out my pc for up to 10 seconds, then all is ok. I know this is somthing to do with IDE drivers, and i have just upgraded to the epox 8k3a+ board, I also installed the XP ATA 133 drivers as i got a maxtor ata133 40 gig strapped in. I run HDD & CDRW with no problems off IDE 1 and my cd rom and DVD from IDE 2. I just swopped the 40 cable for a 80 cable with just the DVD on and still get the same. I dont want to drop back to default IDE drivers and lose my ATA133, any ideas ?

XP 1800 (not overclocked)
2 x 256 PC 2100 RAM
Epox 8K3A+

I Installed the latest VIA 4 IN 1 Drivers as well.

no. it's like this. I can install the via 4.38 drivers with no problems at all. but i need to install the via ide busmaster 3.01.4 for xp if i want the ata133 with XP. there is a 133 install with the 4 in 1 but it doesnt enable ata133. soon as i install the ata133 driver mr DVD craps out on me :( cant find refrence to it on via or epox site :( dunno if theres an update and i aint sure were to look :(

meh i hate beta stuff, but yeh im gunna give it a try in a bit.. will let you know..

btw, setting the dvd to PIO mode 4 didnt work.

well the beta 4.39 drivers aint 2 clever, PC takin twice as long to boot up with them, its deffo the udma 133 drivers causing this.. now im lost, back to udma 100 with no ide 2 crap out or 133 with crap out :(

could this be the fact my cd rom and dvd only support up to multiword dma and not ultra dma ? is it only cd rw's that support ultra dma ? as my cd rw runs ultra dma 2. they did come from a shop thats renound for selling crap, any answers anyone ?

crap. im reading my stockists spec sheets on new dvd's and cd rom's, they all support udma mode 2, mine dont, suspose i just answerd this thread myself aint i. or is it them damn 40 ribbon cables :| (edit, i got the cdrw running slave on IDE 2 in udma 2, so it aint the cables :()

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back