DVD driver update for XP

R

rj4u

I have a Presario 1675 laptop with Win98. I upgraded to XP and downloaded the new driver from Mediamatics. After double-clicking the .exe file - it unpacks into a temp folder, but nothing else happens. I go into the temp folder, but none of the files will run.
When I pop in a DVD, the computer will show the title and information, but will not play.... I emailed Mediamatics, but haven't heard back...
Anyone??

does device manager see it as a dvd drive?
if yes try it it out with a dvd program such as powerdvd or windvd

yes, it sees it as a DVD drive. I've tried using Mediamatics, PCFriendly, and Windows Media Player w/XP. All with the same results, it'll show the title but won't play.. I'll try one of the other ones.

hmmm

In the temp folder, that the files unpack to, are there any ini-files there? if it is try to right-click the one the ini-file that correspondent to your dvd-drive...that should work! Good luck:)

Back to my original problem:
I unpacked the .exe file and found it's contents in a temp folder. I clicked on the setup.exe file and it seems to have installed a new DVD driver.
The problem I'm getting now is: The Mediamatics player says it won't play because no region selected. I go to options/region but am unable to select a region. An error msg pops up saying "no region selected"...
ideas??

eww DVD Express!
Get a real DVD player like PowerDVD or WinDVD ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back