dvd decrytper and dvd hd decrypter issues on vista

to those of you that are using vista and not having the issue i am having (and if your not using sp1) can you look and see if you have windows search set to auto in the services tab, some have said to disable that service and their speeds go right back up, anyone care to try it for me :) - seeing as im back on xp i cant ;)

Where are you writing the files to on the hard drive? If it's on the C: drive there might be write permissions blocking some of the transfer. Also there may be a spti issue with the burner and the software on your computer. I'm just throwing ideas out now.

d: to e: and i have full access - its just dvd decrypter and dvd fab seem to go a bit weird sped goes through the roof then it looks like its stoped - then it starts again, i would bit the bullet but a dont want messed up vobs from either the dvd drive or an iso of a dvd i copied under xp, to test this issue as i heard from some one else

looks like i may have found the issue - dvd drive atm is steady at 6X (claiming as i write), windows search - disable that, and make sure your av is not set to scan everything in real time, eg all extensions, gonna give it an iso test after it has copied the dvd down, so heres hoping

edit: yes it was windows earch and windows indexing that wernt helping, what also didnt help was me having nod3 set to use heuristics to scan everything in real time - so a mixture of windows and user error :)

Last edited:
finally its solved - no it wanst a drive issue nor did i need that patch, it was as i though, because vista caches mem and farts about with mem in a different way to what xp does, and seeing as the tool is no longer developed, it doesnt understand and so the read rate goes up and down like a whores panties.

If you put the buffer amount in dvd decrypter to 1mb, the read rate is rather constant and stable - if you have it as 20mb (default) its a bit strange and if you give it the full 256mb, then your in for some fun :), one of the strangest things is that the more fragmented the drive is the less issues i get, if the drive is in perfect condition i am also wondering if its too fast for dvd decrypter to keep up, seeing as its sata to sata, maybe its not quick enough to update the info on screen

Have done this under XP SP2 and vista and they both do the same - near enough

Only one more prob to go (not a real prob more a cosmetic thing) and i might get vista in new year

Should drives be foremated under the OS they are running or doesnt it really matter ? i have noticed that vista tends to squash the mft and mft zone of drives that are formated with 2K or XP

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back