DVD Copier

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ElementalDragon, Jun 21, 2005.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Ok... kinda wondering what's a good program to copy DVD movies? Getting tired of DVDxCopy not copying these. and before anyone says it, i'm not using it for what you think i'm using it for. We recently bought a couple new movies.... and my dad is a truck driver. Want to copy them so he can take them on the road with him, and we won't have to worry about them getting scratched to hell and there goes a good DVD. And if you know of one.... is it able to copy the entire DVD using compression so you still get the menu's and stuff?

2. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

id be intrested in this as well. I have a bunch of videos from a old camera in avi formate any ideas a good prog to take avi to dvd the quickest.

3. ElementalDragon

well.... wasn't really talking AVI to DVD...... but i guess it might be usable for that too, though i think i'd rather use NeroVision for what you're talking about.

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

ok thanks elemental. Sorry im no help for your problem

5. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

6. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

DVD Shrink is pretty sweet and easy to use

7. ElementalDragon

does it handle copy protection well though? think that's the main problem i'm having with DVDxCopy. usually it says "error reading from sector xxx" or something like that at different parts depending on which movie it is.

8. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

www.doom9.org

You can use dvddecrypter and rip it and then it removes all the copy protection. Then I think the 1click programs can do it.

9. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Well, for CSS encryption, you will need a stand alone proggy that can be used in conjuction with DVDShrink/Nero. Gojing through the DVDShrink forums, I noticed that two proggies are mentioned: AnyDVD and DVD43. Maybe do a google search and see what that nets you. I was reading that one of these proggies has to be running in the background for DVDShrink to work it's backup magic.

Heeter

10. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I use DVD Decrypter to rip the file and then dvd shrink to encode to 4.7 DVDR. if the dvd is older though I just use dvd shrink cause it handles the older encryptions really well but not the new..

DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated because the author was threatened with litigation and the only thing that might stay updated is DVDFABDecrypter http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvdfab_decrypter.cfm

to convert from avi to dvd the best program is winaviconverter

11. ElementalDragon

will DVD Decrypter also rip the menu's too, or only the video?

12. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

DVD Decryptor rips the entire DVD and removes region and protection. Then DVDShrink can input the disk image decryptor makes and shrink the video while retaining the menus.

I haven't bought any new dvd's in a while so I don't know how DVDdecryptor is holding up against the latest protections. You might want to try some of the others mentioned. DVD decryptor lasted a lot longer than DVDXcopy before folding to pressure so it will handle much more than dvdxcopy. DVDshrink always seemed to do better than dvdxcopy to me.

13. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  14. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Dvddecryptor an dvdshrink are the best. Shame that neither is made anymore ... The thing with that though is there are free region hacks out there you can use incase the region hacks in the program don't work.

My personal opinion is that if you own the movie, then, you should be allowed to make as many copies for personal use as you want. The RIAA of course don't want you to do that. Guess they feel the billions they make a year isn't enough for them ..

15. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Problem is the MPAA feels they are losing $ by people going and downloading movies. I think if they would just do something like iTunes has done for the music industry they just might find that more people are willing to pay for a "rental" then are currently.

16. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Yeah, the MPAA is what I meant to say, instead of the RIAA. I get them confused sometimes.

17. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

DVD Shrink has to be the easiest and smallest free program out there. All set and ready to go right after install and not bloated with allot of unnecessary files.