Dvd Burner

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Adrenalize, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Adrenalize

Adrenalize Tired Zombie

I just recently purchased a dvd dual format burner and was interested in what is the best media for dvd players and anything that can help me rescue a few of my dvd's my 3 year old has gotten a hold of, in other words archive them.thnx for any help

2. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

ok well the ones that I say work the best are dvd+r...someone else who has more experience may have a better opinion but I have used dvd+r with my sis burner when my nieces and nephews get a hold of my dvd's and they work flawlessly even in my xbox which hates certain regular discs

3. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

From what I understand, standalone DVD players (ones used for movies only) usually support dvd-r rather than dvd+r and for computers dvd+r is more common.
    I've heard that dvd+r is somewhat better as they are less prone to errors and such, but I'm not 100% sure about which type of dvd is supported by the standalone players.

4. Ohzopants

Ohzopants My mom thinks I'm cool

I've used both dvd-r and dvd+r sucessfully with my burner (LG 4040B) and stand alone player.

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I have a Nec ND2500A or something like that which burns both fine, I tend to find the -R discs around more though so I buy them and so far those have all been readable in the other DVD drives on other machines